Who We Are
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our modern office in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
Why We Need You
The Senior Systems Engineer - OnBase’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the platform and other Enterprise Systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by providing OnBase platform, design, administration, support and training. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work from project service level agreements and comprehensive project plans to ensure that results meet quality standards and expectations.
- Plan, execute, and maintain software/hardware system implementations and upgrades.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend resolution and preventative techniques.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with technical and non-technical staff.
- Organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Maintain awareness of Hyland Software product suite direction and enhancements. Make recommendations and plans for their adoption as required or helpful.
- Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
- Maintain and modify existing systems to support user needs.
- Determine potential solutions and test them for technical and business compatibility.
- Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance for systems and applications.
- Responsible for or providing input into system enhancements, new development, and support.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unintended uses
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues of considerable complexity.
- Consistently assess situations and suggest process improvements.
- Develop documentation of systems, modifications, upgrades, patches, and workflows for existing systems and applications.
- Maintain user access and license consumption configuration settings.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Participate in all Operations and Maintenance rotational duties, including enterprise monitoring, incident support and on-call rotation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Ten (10+) or more years of experience supporting Microsoft technology stack
- Five (5+) years’ experience with server monitoring & alerting platforms, specifically troubleshooting capabilities
- Five (5+) years’ experience with Hyland OnBase and related components
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or equivalent work experience required
- Knowledge and experience in application, infrastructure, and network security
- Understanding of thick vs. thin client vs. unity client installations and needs of all client functionality
- Understanding of RDBMS (SQL Server) database structure and queries.
- Knowledgeable in OnBase Administration, Unity client, Thick Client, Configuration client, OnBase Studio, and development
- Knowledge and experience with building user groups.
- Knowledge and experience with scripting
- A Current Hyland OnBase certification in OnBase Certified Systems Administrator - OCSA.
- A Current Hyland OnBase certification in OnBase Certified Advanced Systems Administrator - OCASA.
- Highly skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite and other required software.
- Proven strength in positive listening, oral, and written communications with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices and procedures with broad knowledge of technology and solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written communications skills sufficient to write systems documentation, reports and business correspondences in an organized and concise fashion required
- Must be detail oriented and willing to work hours outside of normal business hours as needed
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
We've Got You Covered:
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.