Who We Are
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from locations in Seattle, Lynnwood and Spokane.
Why We Need You
To manage and grow the sales efforts of the company by planning and implementing sales strategies, both short and long range, focused on customer/member acquisitions and revenue growth in order to meet the company’s objectives.
What You’ll be Doing
- Develop sales strategies and plans that support PEMCO’s business goals and objectives
- Create an annual sales forecast and budget and report on progress and modifications that support the sales and budget targets
- Build a sales performance culture that embraces productivity, quality, improvements, and effectiveness
- Develop compensation plans for all sales staff including salary structures, commission plans, sales contests and incentives, in coordination with Human Resources
- Establish new market and target customer strategies for the company, in coordination with Marketing
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of reports and other intelligence essential to the sales and service organization, recommending revisions or assisting in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Work closely with other departments to optimize the effectiveness of PEMCO’s technology investments
- Anticipate and plan for market and industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies
- Direct staffing, training, and performance to support sales and marketing programs
What You’ll Bring
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience in the Property and Casualty insurance industry with increasing level of responsibility required, sales management experience preferred.
- Seven or more (7+) years of experience leading, managing or supervising others required
- Strong demonstrated project planning, organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities required.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to compose original materials required
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, organizational and multi-tasking skills required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent work experience or degree required; MBA preferred
- Working MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Certifications in insurance preferred
We’ve Got You Covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.