Who We Are
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our modern office in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
Why We Need You
PEMCO embraces all the ways we are the same and all the ways we are different. We want our employees, customers, and community to feel a sense of belonging—a connection to our mission, our people, a connection that makes each person feel they can be themselves. We better serve everyone by representing everyone. We don’t just value differences, we seek them out. As a result, we are stronger and our customers are better served.
The Diversity and Inclusion Manager is critical in helping to create and foster a diverse and inclusive, high-performance culture that respects the customer, our suppliers and our employees and emphasizes results, innovation, service, and agility. This role is responsible for the development and deployment of enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion strategies and programs that drive and enhance employee engagement, enhance our position in the marketplace, and further our relationships with our supplier network. Develops and implements internal and external communications that drive community and applicant awareness of PEMCO as a diverse and inclusive Insurance Company, partner and employer. This role serves as a thought partner regarding all aspects of diversity and inclusion and works closely with senior leaders and cross functional business teams to drive diversity and inclusion strategy integration.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for creating, optimizing, and implementing a broad based diversity network, strategy and communications for the Enterprise.
- Leads and manages the development and integration of all diversity and inclusion work coming from the Office of Diversity through collaboration with related roles including but not limited to Government Affairs, Legal & Procurement, Human Resources, Real Estate & Facilities, Product, Communications and Marketing to deliver on the overall D&I strategy.
- Partners with business functions to advise opportunities to enhance in identifying and creating talent programs and initiatives that support the development of diverse talent pipelines.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive enterprise wide Business Resource Group (BRG) strategy that drives a culture of inclusion, innovation and employee engagement that contributes to the overarching business goals. Develops and leads Veterans and Disability outreach initiatives
- Defines and implements the next generation metrics and measurement tools.
- Build successful relationships among various Functions (Talent Acquisition, Communications, Learning, etc) to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion legal compliance.
- Provide thought leadership by developing innovative initiatives and recommendations that drive business strategy and demonstrate the impact of diversity and inclusion to bottom line results.
- Support EEO related investigations through HR Business Partners to understand areas of opportunity to proactively address trends, and facilitate leadership engagement, as necessary.
- Function as a subject matter expert on diversity and inclusion initiatives to business leaders, Routinely meet with leaders and their teams to broadly disseminate and garner favorable adoption of all enterprise-wide and division-specific diversity and inclusion messages, programs, and environmental expectations.
- Represents PEMCO at business, community, professional, educational, compliance, and civic organizations to ensure the broadest dissemination and acceptance of the Company’s diversity and inclusion practices and messages as an employer and insurer of choice.
- Creates and expands the positive impression PEMCO as a company committed to diversity and inclusion through external communications, formal and informal networking with community, professional and governmental entities, and publication in formal professional journals.
- Represents PEMCO D&I philosophy and approach externally with partner organizations and at key external events. Interface with local, regional and national external organizations to develop strategic partnerships in the areas of compliance (e.g. OFCCP and EEOC), best practices sharing (competitors and industry leaders in D&I), and talent identification.
- Leads and manages the development and integration of all diversity and inclusion work coming from the Office of Diversity through collaboration with related roles including but not limited to the Director of HR Government Compliance and the Director of Supplier Diversity & D&I Education to deliver on the overall D&I strategy.
- Keeps current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining a wide professional network. Consults with HR and Business Leaders to develop and integrate analytics driven D & I strategies into business line plans as well as measure and evaluate effectiveness of D & I initiatives. Guides the organization through the management and execution of strategic engagement actions, with expected outcomes.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years of Diversity or Related Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance, diversity and inclusion principles
- Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership skills (Demonstrated ability of Proven Results; Strong Leadership and results of energizing and motivating a team)
- Strategic Thinking – Ability to lead the organization to the next level of D&I
- Demonstrated experience leading cultural change and influence of key stakeholders
- Effective communications – both verbal and written
- Program management experience leading a large-scale change management initiative
- Strong presentation and public speaking experience
- Experience representing organization to customers partners, and/or industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Inclusive leadership through strong engagement skills
- Action oriented with effective decision making skills
- Strong business and social acumen and political savviness
- Strong collaboration skills across HR and business functions
- Diplomatic and articulate communication style in dealing with senior executives
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Proclivity toward teaming, collaboration and customer service
- Ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of management
- Reliability and sound judgment
We’ve Got You Covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.