Who We Are
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our modern office in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
Why We Need You
The Senior HR Specialist, reporting to the Human Resources Leader, performs administrative and project work focused on employee engagement and the management, implementation, and communication of HR functional programs (e.g., employee relations, recruiting, time and attendance, learning and development, benefits, talent management, etc.). This role reviews and interprets people and organizational information and provides consult, advice and support to employees, supervisors, managers and leaders. Where appropriate, may assist HR Managers and leaders in the analysis and execution of HR service and operations. Maintains the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. Ensures that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to goals, and align with functional and Company strategies.
What You'll Be Doing
• Leverage specialized knowledge about the unique practices, business needs, people, and procedures to execute HR tasks
• Support the functional strategy by assisting HR Managers in designing programs, policies, and practices to attract, retain, and/or engage diverse talent in alignment with the business strategy
• Handle sensitive employee relations issues, leveraging the HR Specialist Function for consultation and practices/policies/templates
• May perform activities related to organizational design and delivery, education and training, and performance management systems under the guidance of an HR Manager
• May perform tasks to support operations such as coordinating community relations or employee appreciation events, issuing badges, or managing other activities (e.g., visitor coordination, communications, event coordination, meeting planning, materials preparation, etc.)
• Reviews and interprets people and organizational information and provides advice and support to managers and leaders regarding challenges, opportunities, or issues
• Draft functional communication materials and trainings for HR review and approval
• Provide input to the HR Specialist teams or Centers of Excellence regarding needs and the effectiveness of programs & services
• Handle escalated HR issues as first point of contact as needed with expertise, analysis, sensitivity, considering business impact and critical factors.
• Maintain all compliance requirements. Analyze and correct errors and ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid future errors
• Support HR Managers with the execution of compliance programs, internal audits, external audits, and government audits
• Assist management in adhering to business objectives and costs by providing data, input, review, analysis, modeling, or other information and support
• Work with the HR team to review and assist with the ongoing development, evaluation, and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Handbooks, etc.) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes
• Participate in and/or support projects and ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities within established constraints
What You'll Bring
• At least 5 years of HR functional experience is required (e.g., employee and labor relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, learning, employee data); preferably for a large company as a generalist, analyst, or coordinator
• Demonstrate a competent understanding of HR processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements for at least one functional area
• Experience with an ERP system is required
• Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required
• Experience in a shared service center environment preferred
• Experience working in a High Performance Organization is preferred
• The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
• Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to organize and analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
• Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills.
• Public speaking, facilitation and presentation skills required to conduct training and presentations to groups of various organizational level and size
We’ve Got You Covered
200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
A friendly, professional work environment
The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.