Who We Are
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our modern office in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and develop reliable, scalable ETL processes as we build our next-generation enterprise data warehouse.
- Design and develop an EDI framework and processes for data exchange with regulators and rating services.
- Work with analysts and business SMEs to ensure that the right data resources are created for self-serve reporting and analytics in Tableau as well as other tools.
- Continuously improve the reliability and performance of ETL processes.
- Empower business units with lightning-fast, easy-to-navigate data resources for self-serve reporting and analytics.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 6 years of experience in developing production ETL processes for data warehousing and EDI
- Excellent SQL skills primarily on the MS SQL Server platform
- Deep experience with SSIS package development
- Excellent data analysis / modeling skills
- Ability to lead / guide conversations with both business SMEs and technical teams
- Experience with at least data warehouse architectures
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Detail oriented and driven by a desire for accuracy and thoroughness, while also having the judgement to know what is good enough for a given business purpose
- Organized and driven by a desire to accurately plan, estimate, and update progress on assigned work
- Easily shift between working independently and collaboratively
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, developing alternative solutions.
- Manage competing priorities and meet commitments
- Speak clearly and persuasively in group or individual situations
- Actively listen and adjust communication approaches as appropriate
- Ability to write clearly and informatively
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Experience with BIML preferred
- Experience with Tableau or other BI / Reporting tools such as SSRS, Business Objects, Cognos preferred
- Experience with Mongo or other NoSQL data platforms preferred
We’ve Got You Covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.