PEMCO is looking for a Business Operations Intern – Records management focus who’s ready to contribute to our Enterprise Services projects and strategies. If your studies have revealed your passion for organization, records management, process improvement, research, design, and data analysis, this internship was made for you. As our Business Operations intern, you’ll have an immediate impact on evaluating our current processes as we work to implement updated retention and data management processes within each business unit.
This is a full-time paid position starting in May/June, expected to last about 12 weeks (flexible around school schedule), and is based out of our headquarters in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
The key projects you’ll be a part of:
- Provide project management support for execution of the Data Retention Policy
- Conduct external and internal research and interviews and present process recommendations to leadership
- Create written communication plans, summaries and process documents to ensure milestones are met on time
- Develop consistent communication strategies to share implementation milestones with various stakeholders
- Identify inefficiencies and additional opportunities for automation around retention processes, file naming conventions and access to legacy files
- Research, recommend and implement vendor relationships to archive legacy artifacts.
- Create visual elements to catalogue and store electronic versions of physical items.
- Attending a university/college in the Pacific Northwest (Juniors and Seniors preferred).
- Pursuing a major/career related to business administration, information management, project management, records management, or operations and logistics
- Prior related work, school, volunteer, or past internship experience leveraging organizational skills
- Self-driven and organized communicator with experience in presentation methods, data analysis, process improvement, and Record management
- Ready to get your career started by learning the day-in, day-out reality of an entry role in Business Operations and Support Services
Engage and grow in our internship program
Year after year, our PEMCO interns consistently surprise us with their talents. As one of the interns in our program, you’ll enjoy the benefits of collaborating with colleagues at all levels (our executives included!), volunteering time in our community as an intern group, networking with industry professionals, and – of course – learning a ton in your field.
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.