Who We Are:
The PEMCO People & Brand Team is looking for a high energy, customer-obsessed, compassionate and business-focused Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) Manager to be based in our Spokane office. This new role coupled with your HR expertise and your pragmatic business style will give the existing HR Organization reach enabling enhanced delivery of service and solutions to a high-performing, high-talent Spokane workforce.
PEMCO attracts people who are bright, ambitious and confident, with a strong desire for mutual good. It is important to you to be a part of a community, and you love all that’s unique about the Pacific Northwest. Successful PEMCO managers are team-oriented and have highly developed interpersonal skills. We appreciate managers who are relatable and authentic but also energetic and assertive and who lead through influence.
Why We Need You:
The HR Manager role is both strategic and hands-on working closely with teams in Seattle, requiring light travel, to collaborate and connect on projects. This role is responsible for regional HR, working with remote specialists and peers to deliver local services ensuring consistency across the full organization. Important Requirements: Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense • A passion for building leaders, an obsession for helping others to achieve their best, and an appreciation for simplicity and continuous improvement • Grace under pressure and comfort with ambiguity • Ability to maintain focus and keep a strong eye on the details in a regulated but rapidly changing environment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partners with HR Specialists to provide comprehensive consultation and support to assigned client groups for all areas of HR including, talent acquisition, learning and organizational development, total rewards, and employee relations to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
- Acts as a strategic partner, extended leadership team member, and close advisor to the leadership team for assigned client groups; delivers current HR expertise and industry evolving practices while establishing and maintaining a working understanding of the business and industry
- Facilitates the implementation and communication of company-wide HR initiatives
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance and coaching to business leaders to influence effective leadership of their teams (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Guides business leaders through rhythm of business activities related to the performance management cycle: goal setting, professional development, performance reviews and merit pay reviews in an environment of continuous coaching, ensures effective proactive HR operations activity, and takes a leadership role to deliver the employee experience
- Supports the talent needs of the organization through succession planning, talent assessment, strategies to fill talent gaps via differentiated development, expedited readiness plans, acquisition, etc.
- Mitigates potential risk and exposure to the company by effectively managing and resolving basic and complex employee relations issues through proactive communications, mediation, training, policy development or conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Supports employees at all position levels in the organization as advocates and mediators for the full employee life-cycle of hire through exit
- Reviews and interprets people and organizational data, trends, and observations; collaborates with HR Specialists to develop solutions, programs and policies; provides advice and support to managers and leaders regarding challenges, opportunities, or issues
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation, develops programs, tools and resources
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Serve as culture ambassadors ensuring the company Mission, Vision, Values, and Guiding Principles are integrated into our environments; builds effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients at all levels of the organization
What You'll Bring:
- 8 or more years of Human Resource experience discipline (compliance, employee relations, benefits, compensation, organizational development, training, etc.) with increasing levels of responsibility required
- 5 or more years of experience as an HR Business Partner desired, preferably in large professional organizations, and for multiple client groups
- Proven knowledge of HR industry practices; HR certification desirable (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated competent understanding of HR processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements for at least one functional area
- Experience with an ERP system is required
- Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to organize and analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills.
- Public speaking, facilitation and presentation skills required to conduct training and presentations to groups of various organizational level and size.
We've Got You Covered:
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.