Who We Are
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our modern office in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.”
Why We Need You
PEMCO is seeking a Project Manager who can build strong relationships between business groups and IT. Do you want to work on projects that focus on the core of PEMCO’s business – serving our policy holders? Are you adept at building synergistic teams with multiple stakeholders while providing amazing project leadership, direction, and accountability? If this resonates with you and would like to drive our important and highly-visible Enterprise Content Management projects, come join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Overall coordination and management of small to moderate sized projects, develop project plans, meet the requirements of schedule, cost, risk management, and quality
- Partner effectively with business and IT stakeholders to understand business needs and deliver business solutions
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers by providing direction and support. Find creative solutions to remove obstacles.
- Follow a project management methodology and change control process
- Work effectively with resource managers to identify project resources; define and assign project roles and monitor progress
- Manage the entire life-cycle of projects which includes:
- Managing scope and quality through bug triage and assignment, ensuring quality assurance is effectively performed
- Effectively leveraging tools to facilitate project success, including Risk and Issues Logs, project sites, project dashboards, and others
- Keeping the project team and management informed on project status and issues
- Ensuring successful deployment through team communications, end user training, deployment checklists, and deployment validation
- Ensuring projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meeting scope requirements of key stakeholders, and with high quality results
- Facilitating continuous improvement through Project Closure documentation and Lessons Learned discussions
- Ensuring technical and user documentation is completed as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Three or more years of experience in Information Technology or business-related roles with increasing levels of responsibility, with at least two years leading or managing Enterprise Content Management projects.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Waterfall or Agile project methodologies required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite specifically Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint required
- Experience with using Project Management Office software tools (Microsoft Project Plan, Smartsheet, etc.) required
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent preferred
- Strong written communications skills sufficient to write organized and concise systems documentation, project documentation, reports, and business correspondence
- Detail orientation, strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
We've Got You Covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.