Who We Are:
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our modern office in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
Why We Need You:
PEMCO is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Senior Business Analyst to join our growing team. In this role you will serve as a liaison between the business community and information technology on large, complex projects in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Facilitate work sessions with business units and technical data warehouse and BI staff to develop functional business requirements and manage changes for BI projects
- May work with the data warehouse and business intelligence teams to perform analysis of business goals, objectives and needs of the business
- Facilitate business process redesign sessions and create documentation, as needed, for new technology
- Log and track open items, develop risk mitigation strategies, and proactively manage the resolution of any identified issue
- Provide system test support and consultation for assigned projects
- Provide assistance and project management skills on smaller projects
- May provide production support for applications developed by the business intelligence development team
- May be asked to participate in release planning, production validation, and other project related activities
What You Bring:
- Six or more (6+) years’ experience in an Information Technology type role required
- Four or more (4+) years’ experience in a business analysis type role with increasing levels of responsibility required; A data warehouse and business intelligence environment required
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies required (Agile and Waterfall) required
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio) required; MS Project preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business administration or equivalent required
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in data management tools and defect management tools preferred
- Medium to advanced coding experience in any language preferred
- Certifications/designations in business analysis preferred
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance industry practices preferred
We've Got You Covered:
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.