Why We Need You
We are looking for an inspiring, dynamic, whip-smart leader to join the People & Brand team as the head of our Communications and Marketing Teams. Your leadership, energy and expertise will enable our team to deliver next-gen solutions and live up to our brand promise and mission. You have deep expertise in public relations, advertising, and marketing with a strong foundation in digital. You anticipate trends, putting us ahead of the curve by investing in the right areas as we manage our brand. You are a strong manager of people, enabling our existing talent to thrive and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. You can dive deep and perform day-to-day functions, but it is more important that you see the 30,000-foot view to manage our strategy for the long haul. You have prior experience in bringing innovation to teams, growing revenue through marketing, and providing branded communications internally and externally. You are the visionary for bringing the PEMCO brand to life.
The role reports to the Chief People & Brand Officer and combines communications and marketing ownership enabling consistency of communication across all external and internal channels.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working closely with executive leadership as the communications and marketing expert on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Managing internal / external communications activities including advertising, marketing, PR, media relations, etc.
- Developing, implementing, and optimizing the annual marketing and communications plan across PEMCO’s core audiences in collaboration with senior leadership and your team. Validating and recommending changes to the 2019 plan is a key initial responsibility.
- Informing the development of brand creative and content, helping maintain high standards for storytelling and craftsmanship.
- Overseeing a team of communications and marketing professionals focused on brand campaigns, promotions, and strategies that move audiences from general awareness to deeper interest in PEMCO.
- Setting strategy for brand management across all channels.
- Owning relationships with agency partners and vendors.
- Ensuring return on investment with communications and marketing initiatives through a rigorous measurement strategy.
- Understanding and directing marketing automation, utilizing technology to further the goals of the organization.
- Mentoring and leading communications and marketing team members, aiding with career and skills development. Identifying any key new roles or leveraging existing talent in optimized ways. This includes weekly 1:1s with direct reports and management of performance reviews for the team. Direct reports include: Corporate Communications Manager (PR team), Marketing Creative + Digital Automation Manager (creative team +), Research and Brand Marketing Manager, and Business and Channel Development Manager.
What You've Done
PEMCO is seeking an accomplished Communications and Brand Lead who has at least 15 years of experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) company, and covering areas such as brand, content, external and internal communications. Agency-side experience would also be a plus. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must. Public speaking must come naturally – you are an inspiring leader. You are also able to both give and take direction with excellent follow through.
What You'll Bring
PEMCO attracts people who are bright, ambitious and confident, with a strong desire for mutual good. It is important to you to be a part of a community and you love all that’s unique about the Pacific Northwest. Successful managers are team-oriented and have highly developed interpersonal skills. We appreciate leaders who are relatable and authentic but also energetic and assertive and who lead through influence. The Lead role is strategic and has a heavy emphasis on brand management. This role is responsible for managing all communications plan activities and building external relationships with the organization's constituencies.
- 15+ years’ experience developing and executing large-scale, multi-channel brand campaigns
- Experience working in growth, and high-tech environments preferred
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense
- Experience overseeing agencies, creative and media budgets, marketing automation, and campaign measurement
- A track record of working cross-functionally with design, marketing, and communications teams
- A passion for brand building, an obsession with creativity, and a commitment to craftsmanship
- Grace under pressure and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong storyteller with a track of record of leading high-impact and out-of-the-box campaigns
- Ability to maintain focus and keep a strong eye on the details in a regulated but rapidly changing environment
- Effective leader; ability to grow, mentor and challenge others to do their best work every day
- Excellent writing, editing, and public speaking and leadership skills, along with the ability to collaborate well with other employees
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- High energy, maturity, and ability to serve as a unifying force
We’ve Got You Covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.