At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Come join our dynamic Product team as we execute product initiatives using technology to make a difference! As an Actuary, you'll be responsible for maintaining an objective view of emerging financial trends and evaluating historical data to predict future underwriting results. You'll work closely with our Product Managers and Product Analysts to provide support on analyses and to develop recommendations that will support the Company's and Product Department's initiatives. You’ll bring with you experience analyzing data to help solve complex business problems and making actionable recommendations for improvements.
At PEMCO you will enjoy the benefits of a smaller company – sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work – while competing with the big guys and enjoying positive work-life balance.
- Act as consultant when advanced skills in mathematics, statistics, and modeling are required
- Develop overall rate indications and financial analysis to help provide direction and achieve corporate financial goals
- Participate with business partners in making pricing decisions and analyze associated premium impact
- Perform pricing analysis by developing indicated relativities for each current or newly proposed rating variable using generally accepted actuarial techniques including predictive modeling and multivariate analysis
- Assist in the preparation and approval of regulatory filings that meet company needs and compliance standards
- Proactively investigate and assess issues and trends in actuarial science
- Provide the Controller with feedback on the company’s annual forecast and inform business partners and the Chief Financial Officer of trends that could jeopardize the financial stability of the company
- Associate Actuary designation required
- BA Degree in Mathematics or equivalent degree required
- Knowledge of Mathematics, Statistics and Modeling as well as strong software application and predictive modeling skills required
- Minimum five (5+) years of experience as a Property and Casualty Actuary required with a wide range of ratemaking and reserving skills and a broad knowledge of personal lines
- Must have thorough working knowledge of query tools
This job requires the ability to use desktop computers.
Our employees enjoy many benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.