Why We Need You:
At PEMCO, it's all about people, starting with our customers. We're a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and have been protecting their dreams for 70 years. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don't. At PEMCO, you'll enjoy the benefits of a smaller company - sharing ideas, learning, and seeing the impact of your work - while competing with the big guys and enjoying positive work-life balance. We're a company of 500+ relationship and community-minded people plus Independent Agents we refer to as Community Agent partners serving policyholders throughout Washington and Oregon. This position will support a territory North of I-90 to Bellingham with a mobile/remote office arrangement.
If you're highly independent, love sales, and have a good mind for business, let's hear from you. This is an exciting and unique time to join PEMCO as we focus on our digital sales capabilities while balancing relationships with our external agent channel.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Recruit, appoint, and manage qualified agencies and brokers capable of long-term business partnerships that will produce profitable premium volume sufficient to meet territory annual assigned goals.
- Direct the territory marketing plans, strategies and tactics to achieve company goals, such as increasing revenues, improving market share, motivating agents, and effectively managing expenses.
- Lead the delivery of internal and external training programs to improve agency/broker productivity and enhance internal capabilities to support acquiring and retaining high quality, personal line P&C customers.
- Oversee and provide ongoing support to non-employee agents to help them market, sell and service products. Conducts sales promotion, administers rewards programs and product-related training for assigned partners.
- Develops, builds and maintains relationships with agencies; identifies agency needs and coordinates efforts with home office/other field operations. Resolves issues with licensing, compliance, underwriting, claims, and administration.
- Compiles and interprets management information such as sales activity, proposals requested, sales results, and production and recommends activities to promote sales.
- In collaboration with Marketing, conducts analysis of assigned territory to understand available opportunities and potential for profitable growth.
- Serve on cross-departmental projects and initiatives that impact the community agent experience.
- Assist in creating an effective incentive plan for Community Agents.
What You'll Bring:
- Five (5+) years of successful personal lines insurance sales experience required; marketing representative experience preferred.
- Strong agency management skills and knowledge of small business operations and insurance agency processes required.
- Success in negotiating, overcoming objections, closing sales and executing standard sales agreements required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) and contact management software applications required
- Ability to establish and build effective working relations and partnerships with internal partners, clients and vendors preferred.
- Ability to encourage, influence, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness preferred.
- B.A. Degree in Business, Liberal Arts or equivalent work experience preferred
- Property/Casualty license preferred
This job requires the ability to use computers, tablets and associated business applications, travel and work a flexible work schedule to meet business needs. May require overnight travel. Must have a valid driver’s license.
We've Got you Covered:
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
Equal Opportunity Employer