Who We Are
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t. Working at PEMCO, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a thriving and growing company, sharing ideas, learning and seeing the impact of your work, while also enjoying positive energy and work-life balance. We’re a company of 500+ relationship-focused, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our modern office in the South Lake Union neighborhood.
Why We Need You
Come join our dynamic Product team as we execute product initiatives using technology to make a difference! In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other teams across the business to help the company achieve success in our various product lines. Work closely with our Product Managers and Actuaries to provide support on analyses and to develop recommendations that will support the Company's and Product Department's initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Contribute to the achievement of short and long-term strategies to achieve profitable growth leveraging quantitative and qualitative data
- Perform complex analysis to evaluate the performance of and identify trends and issues for our products and make actionable recommendations for improvements
- Assist in product and rating reviews, including making pricing recommendations
- Create advanced dashboards and tools for tracking business and product success
- Work closely with business owners to understand business challenges and provide data and analysis for better decision making
- Form questions to be asked of data relevant to improving financial performance
- Communicate analysis with business stakeholders to understand its value
- Provide analytical support to Product Manager(s) and Actuary
- Plan and manage large-scale, complex projects
- Compile and submit materials for rate filings
- Document complex system workflows and business processes
- Manage expectations; prioritize own workload and communicate status
- Help less experienced analysts improve and sharpen their skills
What You’ll Bring
- Five or more (5+) years of pricing insurance products or similar work experience required.
- Three or more (3+) years in the property and casualty insurance industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for major of economics, business, information technology, mathematics, or equivalent quantitative field of study required; Masters degree a plus.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with good attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate high level of skill in quantitative modeling, knowledge of data structures and ability to write complex SQL queries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint) required.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel (create pivot tables, use lookup formulas, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and complete projects with little supervision.
- Business intelligence software experience preferred (Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy, etc.)
This job requires the ability to use computers and work variable hours on occasion to meet deliverables.
We’ve Got You Covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.