Embedded software engineer – LoRa® Gateway
The LoRa® eco-system is rapidly growing, with more than 600 companies developing connected sensors, gateways, software, solutions and services to serve the IOT market. We are looking to expand our Software Developers team based in Meylan (France), to better serve the market needs and create new technological breakthroughs for our customers and partners.
The perfect candidate will have a relevant experience in embedded software development, with a good understanding on LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network) radio communication protocols and constraints.
- As part of the R&D LoRa® System group, define implement and validate low power protocol stack based on LoRa® radios for Network Access Point (Gateway).
- Coordinate with End Node (sensors) and Server Development teams to align Gateway functionality with the Network Management system and its connected devices.
- Interact with the HW engineer to develop optimized drivers based on existing and future chip design
- Participate to documentation and verification of the entire system developed across the different teams within a Semtech R&D Program.
- 3+ Years of firmware engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of hardware-software development challenges with a real-time,
Resource-limited, battery-operated device.
- Ability to develop embedded software on both bare-metal and the Linux operating system.
- Ability to debug and improve performance on small, embedded environments.
- Experience with ATMEL, Nordic, STMicro family, or other ARM processor development environments.
- Knowledge of automating test equipment such as DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, python, etc.
- Experience with at least one of the following protocol: LoRaWAN, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, LTE, 802.15.4, ZigBee, 6LoWPAN.
- Strong C / C++ coding skills.
- RTOS application development (thread synchronization, IPC, communication, etc.)
- Highly collaborative with other engineers to achieve task completion.
- Experience working with device drivers.
- Experience with JTAG debuggers.
- ARM Cortex experience.
- Knowledge of communication protocols (SPI, I2C, IP, RS485, USB, TCP, etc.).
- Experience in setting up tool chains and build environments-
- Ability to design and develop wireless data communication protocols