The Maintenance Technician will provide skilled labor to install, repair, overhaul, replace, and perform preventive maintenance for production machinery and equipment. Must know both mechanical and electrical concepts, and be able to perform general building maintenance, as well as have the ability to develop additional skills and knowledge within the maintenance field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, overhauls and maintains electronic, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and/or electro-mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Observes and tests operation of electronic, electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or mechanical devices in order to evaluate and identify operating problems.
- Fabricates replacement components with direction from section managers/supervisors and/or team leaders in order to affect in-house repairs and/or modify machinery and equipment to improve efficiency.
- Dismantles equipment and machinery in order to identify, remove, repair and/or replace damaged or deteriorated components, and reassemble equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance for facilities, fixture, equipment, and machinery.
- Preventative maintenance includes but is not limited to:
- Repair/replacement of electrical wires/connections.
- Soldering, replacement of bulbs and other electronic/electrical components.
- Cleaning and lubrication of moving mechanical parts.
- Cleaning of filters and adjustment of air and fluid pressure levels.
- Replacement of coils, motors, starters, contactors, and other components
- Maintenance of additional systems and components as appropriate.
- Maintains maintenance logs and other required documentation.
- Develops additional technical skills and knowledge of electronic, electro-mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical principles and maintenance and repair practices.
- Maintains the work area in a neat, clean and in orderly condition.
- High school diploma or equivalent with classes in electricity and electronics.
- 1-2 years of install and alignment experience.
- 1-2 years interpreting blueprints and use of quality gages and applications.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the maintenance of industrial equipment and machinery.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and knowledge of GMP’s, EEO, OSHA, ISO, and FDA Guidelines and requirements.
- Must possess excellent math, computer, and organizational skills.
- Requires personal maintenance equipment to perform duties such as wrenches, wire cutters, screw drivers, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of electronic, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic concepts and operating safety.
- Basic operating knowledge of relay and programmable controllers for mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, diagrams, engineering specifications and operating instructions.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuitry and demonstrated ability to read and understand working and mechanical trades
- Demonstrated ability to use hand power tools commonly used in the electrical, electronic, metal working and mechanical trades
- The basic understanding of OSHA rules and regulations such as lockout/tagout, machine guarding, hot work, hazardous communications and other safe working practices
- Attention to detail filling out paperwork from work tickets to preventative maintenance orders
- Self-motivated, team player, flexible and able to work within all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of CNC machine experience with Mazak Mills/Turning centers, Haas, Citizens, and/or STARs CNC machines including all mechanical knowledge (hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical) preferred.
Tecomet is an EOE Employer M/W/Vets/Disabled.