The Bridgespan Group collaborates with mission-driven leaders and organizations to accelerate breakthrough social impact. A nonprofit ourselves, we share our clients’ passion for building a better world. We work directly with clients to help them achieve outstanding results. We also develop tools and insights that organizations across the social sector can use to help them more powerfully pursue their missions. Rigorous thinking and analysis and deep social sector experience are hallmarks of Bridgespan’s work.
We help social sector leaders scale the impact of their organizations, build the capacity of their leadership, advance the effectiveness of their philanthropy, and accelerate their learning. We work on issues related to society’s most important challenges and breaking cycles of intergenerational poverty. Our services include strategy consulting, leadership development, philanthropy advising, and developing and sharing insights.
The Executive Assistant will perform diverse administrative duties for Bridgespan's Managing Partner. Responsibilities include written and verbal correspondence, scheduling and calendar management, arranging travel, coordinating logistics and materials for meetings, and other related duties as required. The Executive Assistant is an integral member of the Bridgespan administrative team and collaborates with other EAs to provide the best support and coverage possible for Bridgespan's executive staff. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a high-functioning administrative team while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector.
- Call and email clients directly on behalf of the Managing Partner to schedule meetings, and act as representative and extension of Managing Partner in communication to clients and internal colleagues
- Proactively flag and address scheduling conflicts and other dilemmas with Managing Partner and team members
- Draft, type, and proofread letters, memos, documents, presentations, and reports as requested
- Track correspondence with important relationships in contact management system
- Receive, screen and route phone calls, mail, and correspondence for Managing Partner
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files as needed
- Scheduling meetings, resolve conflicts, and prioritize commitments
- Help Managing Partner prioritize and process new demands on his time
- Arrange conference rooms, catering, presentation materials, and audio/visual setup as needed for meetings
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements including air, train, hotel, and ground transportation reservations
- Adjust reservations and any affected meetings as necessary
- Provide Managing Partner with important phone numbers and reservation information in case problems arise after hours
- Compile itineraries
- Where needed, help with procurement of visas and identifying other necessary pre-travel prep (e.g., vaccinations)
- Compile and submit monthly time and expense reports for Managing Partner
- Work with staff, venues, and vendors to coordinate complex meetings, convenings, team retreats, and social events
- Collaborate with other EAs on reception desk and phone coverage, work sharing, and general team support
- Perform research as needed
- Perform other related duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience is required
- Experience providing direct administrative or program support to organizations and executives (C-level executives preferable)
- Experience providing support in a professional services or management consulting firm is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ability to learn new technology quickly, is required
- Must be highly adaptive to management styles and changing needs, re-prioritizing tasks and projects as needed
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must be able to work both independently and as an integral member of various teams
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with highly confidential information
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the nonprofit sector and the administrative field
- Commitment to strong performance, high standard of accountability, and openness to feedback
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and calm under pressure
- Must have an articulate, diplomatic, and highly responsive communication style
- Must have a solution-oriented approach to conflicts
At Bridgespan, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are passionate about helping our clients achieve breakthrough results. We believe an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and their beneficiaries will produce deeper relationships, engagement, and insights. Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran’s status or other protected characteristics or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.