Are you passionate about solving society’s toughest problems?
Are you attracted to the analytical rigor of strategy consulting?
Are you looking for a team-based working environment where your colleagues would share your passion for social impact?
If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, we invite you to explore the Associate Consultant role with The Bridgespan Group.
About the Associate Consultant Position
Associate Consultants (ACs) play an important role at Bridgespan, working to provide nonprofit and philanthropy clients with powerful data, analyses, and strategies that allow them to increase their impact. ACs work as critical members of case teams creating the analytic underpinnings that help identify solutions to clients’ greatest challenges in creating social change.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct qualitative research and analysis through interviews with client staff, client beneficiaries, and experts in the field
- Execute quantitative research and analysis (varies by client need)
- Perform financial analysis, including forward-looking financial projections
- Prepare clear and compelling presentation materials
- Present analyses and findings
The Bridgespan Group invests deeply in the training and development of each Associate Consultant. While most of the training is on the job, ACs attend formalized training sessions throughout their career at Bridgespan, beginning with an extensive orientation program. As the AC progresses, there are training programs that focus on developing deeper consulting skills. Bridgespan ACs also participate in a 10 day off-site program with Bain ACs from around the world. Bridgespan helps each Associate Consultant build the fundamentals of a successful career: cracking tough problems, communicating solutions with clients and teams, and collaborating with senior Consultants and Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Strong academic background
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the nonprofit sector
At the Bridgespan Group, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are passionate about helping our clients achieve breakthrough results. An organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and their beneficiaries will produce deeper relationships, engagement, and insights. Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran’s status or other protected characteristic or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
Please note: At this time The Bridgespan Group will not sponsor any visas. We are also unable to support the OPT Training visa, as this visa will require eventual sponsorship from an employer.
The application deadline is September 22nd at 11:59 pm ET. Note that a cover letter is a required part of your application. Please submit your resume AND cover letter in one combine PDF file.
PLEASE APPLY TO YOUR TOP OFFICE PREFERENCE ONLY AND INDICATE IN YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK IN ANY OTHER US OFFICE.
Important Recruiting Dates
- Informational webinars will take place on September 10th at 3:00 pm ET (register here) and September 17th at 8:00 pm ET (register here)
- Application review will begin on September 23rd
- Interview invitations will be sent no later than October 8th . Case interview preparation materials are available on the Applicant Toolkit page of our website. We suggest you start preparing for the case interview in advance of the interview invitations
- First round interviews are scheduled for October 17th and 18th
- Final round interviews are scheduled for November 13th, 14th, and 15th