With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
This position provides direct staff supervision over direct care providers who will work with consumers diagnosed with mental retardation and/or co-occurring disorders in the Bethel community only. The LRC Case Manager will be responsible for training providers while overseeing the services offered through the Learning Resource Center. This Case Manager will work closely with the Care Coordinators involved with the HCB Waiver services as well as with the Community Developmental Disabilities Grant. This Case Manager will insure that consumers from both funding sources have qualified and trained providers for the implementation of the consumer’s Plan of Care while providing habilitation services utilizing the Learning Resource Center daily. The expectation for this position is that it supports the consumer by involving them in a learning environment utilizing the resources provided through the Learning Resource Center. This Case Manager will employ personal choice, satisfaction, safety, and a positive outcome that will reflect the services for the consumer, incorporate the cultural and value system of the consumers, and integrate comprehensive services that will be readily available and accessible to all consumers in Bethel.
- Associates (AA) degree preferred, High school degree required or GED.
- Case management and/or previous work in Native Programs desirable.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Tuberculin clearance at time of employment and annually thereafter. CPR, First Aide required or willing to complete the class.
- Office Equipment i.e., Computer, Fax Machine, Copier, etc.
- Case Management and/or previous work in Native Programs desirable.
- Provide initial and ongoing support and supervision to each assigned direct care provider.
- Provide for probationary and annual performance evaluation for each direct care provider.
- Ensure that each assigned consumer has adequately trained providers to provide the appropriate requested support services. Calendar/ scheduling of appointments, meetings, and training for direct care providers when deemed necessary.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health