Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
Solver Development Engineer, AcuSolve
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients' success, as well as our own.
Electrochemistry covers a plethora of industrial applications from batteries (e.g. Lithium-ion) & fuels cells to processes such as corrosion and electroplating. These problems are inherently multi-physical in nature at the intersection of chemical, electrical, and thermal engineering. Altair is seeking an experienced candidate to join our CFD team to deliver novel multi-physics solutions in this space. The role will involve researching and implementing cutting-edge mathematical and numerical modeling techniques in Altair's finite element based CFD solver, AcuSolve. A strong emphasis will be placed on the development of novel data driven solutions. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to become a key player in the algorithmic enhancement of Altair's AcuSolve software for data-driven modeling of coupled chemical, electrical and thermal modeling and advance unique solutions in areas such as battery design.
What You Will Do:
· Implementation and validation of electrochemical models including but not limited to: transport of dilute/concentrated charged species; electrode kinetics (e.g. Butler-Volmer law); electroneutrality; Maxwell-Stefan equations
· Create libraries of state-of-the-art surrogate battery models using novel techniques e.g. physics-informed deep neural networks
· Develop novel strategies for coupling heat transfer to electrochemistry i.e. 3D-1D coupling
· Actively engage with program management, QA and documentation teams to deliver new electrochemical based features in AcuSolve
· Work with UI teams to deliver modeling solutions for different industrial verticals e.g. battery design and thermal management
· Collaborate with an exciting team of creative developers advancing CFD/multi-physical solutions for industry
What You Will Need:
· Background in stabilized finite element (FE) or similar methods
· In depth understanding of governing equations and concepts e.g. Nernst-Planck equation, Energy equation, incompressible Navier-Stokes equations
· Programming experience: C, C++, Fortran & Python
· Mathematical modeling
· Experience with multi-dimensional and reduced order modeling
· Parallel programming experience (MPI & OpenMP)
· Excellent communication and technical writing skills
· A passion for science and finding creative solutions to challenging industrial problems
· Clearly articulate complex physics and development activities with the wider team
· PhD in engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Material science) with a focus on CFD/multiphysics software development experience
· Background in Electrochemistry, Heat & Mass Transfer, or flow/porous media
· Data-driven modeling experience
· Computational software development experience in a commercial or academic environment
· Experience with source code/library maintenance
How You Will Be Successful:
· Envision the Future
· Communicate Honestly and Broadly
· Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
· Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
· Competitive salary and benefits
· Employee discounts
· Free training on all Altair products
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com.
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible; discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair's history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.