Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
CFD Software Developer (f/m/d)
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients' success, as well as our own.
You will be working with a compact, highly skilled, young and vibrant international team of SPH experts in developing one of the leading SPH solvers in the market.
Your primary tasks will revolve around extension, upgrading and maintenance of an existing GPU-based SPH multiphase flow solver and developing new physical models and features. In that regard, high levels of creativity in problem solving are expected of you, as well as the ability to take on responsibility and execute selected tasks with vigor.
What You Will Do:
• Development and implementation of new physical models
• Implementation of auxiliary solver features
• Optimization and further improvements of code performance
• Developing effective testing mechanisms
• Scripting for various code-related purposes
• Writing documentation of what you have developed
What You Will Need:
• Degree in mechanical engineering, computer science or comparable studies. Preferably an M.Sc. or a Ph.D. degree directly related to numerical methods and/or CFD
• Proven relevant expertise in numerical methods (preferably CFD development)
• Pronounced abilities to integrate yourself in a team and contribute actively
• Good programming skills in C/C++, and familiarity with MPI
• Excellent command of written and spoken English language
• Explicit academic or professional background in developing SPH method
• Experience with GPU programming, preferably using CUDA
• Familiarity with Linux, ParaView, Git and Python
How You Will Be Successful:
What We Offer:
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com.
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible; discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair's history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.