Custom Computer Specialists, Inc. is one of the largest Technical Consultants on Long Island, celebrating over 40 years in business! We continue to successfully provide network integration, support services, products solutions, and applications services to our valued clients in the northeast. Our focus is simple...our goal is to make technology easy and to help our clients use it as effectively as possible.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect – CCIE (VoIP) to join our team!
This position is a client-facing role focused on developing Cisco-centric Unified Computing strategies and architectures. You will be responsible for leading, planning, and overseeing our UCS consulting engagements and projects and you will perform a broad range of tasks related to successful UCS Architecture, Design and implementations including, but not limited to:
• UCS Server and Blade Architecture and Design
• Network and IP Telephony Readiness Assessment
• Unified Communications Architecture and Design
• Bill of Materials generation
• Quality Assurance Testing
• System Implementation
• Knowledge Transfer
• Design and As-Built Documentation Development
The ideal candidate will set goals, oversee implementation from a technical perspective, and evaluate results to ensure objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and expectation set by the Company to our Clients.
Although the primary focus of this position is in Consulting and Business Development, Implementation, and Support of UCS environments, implementations will also be required.
This is a great opportunity to work with a growing team of engineers and provide mentoring, training, and support for our Technical Teams and Sales organization.
Candidate will be required to stay current on industry best practices, emerging technologies and manufacturer technology offerings.
• Working with our Sales and Technical teams to prospect and develop Cisco Unified Computing and Virtualization opportunities including architecture design, implementation, and support opportunities.
• Designing, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for Virtualized and/or UCS installations, as necessary
• Responsible for overseeing all Virtualized and Server opportunities
• Responsible for engaging Cisco Sales and Technical Contacts as required for knowledge and business development for Unified Computing
• Continuous assessment of Practice performance to enable changes to the business model and execution to realign as needed for optimal performance
• Assessment of technical skills and knowledge of Engineering Team to plan for training and certifications, as needed
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal , written and presentation communications skills
• Exceptional client management skills, issue resolution and troubleshooting
• Strong attention to detail in regards to Architecture Design, Bill of Material development, Project Planning and Documentation
• Strong organizational Skills
• Exceptional work ethic
• Ability to apply judgment, implement solutions, and resolve conflicts, all in a multi-tasked environment
• Ability to assist sales in a highly competitive field
• Ability to grow and cultivate a highly-performing technical staff
Minimum of five years of related Server and Virtualization Architecture Design and Implementation experience for mid-size and enterprise environments including:
• Cisco Unified Computing Servers
• Nexus Core Switch Portfolio
• Storage Area Networks including EMC, NetApp and Dell (preferred)
• Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (preferred)
• VMWare 6.x (required)
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the Internet (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, SPAM, etc.)
• Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure.
• Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection (preferred)
• Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and server systems.
• Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance.
• Virtualization architecture design, implementation and support
Education and Certifications:
Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or 10 years IT experience
· CCIE, Collaboration required
· Cisco CCNP (preferred)
· VMWare VCP (preferred)
This position is based on Long Island, and may require some travel to clients throughout the North East.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, robust health plan, flexible spending program & more.
Come experience our unique culture and see how our “right people, right results” philosophy has led to our outstanding success! We are great place to start your IT career!
Custom Computer Specialists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.