Vacancy: Senior Internal Auditor – SAP IT and Business Auditor
Location: Royston or London
Job Family: Finance
The Group Assurance and Risk Team’s role is to protect the people, assets, reputation and drive efficiency and sustainability of Johnson Matthey through the provision of risk management and independent assurance over the control environment. The primary purpose of this role is to support the Group Team in delivering its objectives through the delivery of the audit plan and supporting the businesses to identify, assess, mitigate and manage their risks.
The SAP IT and Business Auditor’s prime responsibility is the execution of assigned SAP related audits (which may include IT general controls audits, business processes implemented in SAP, configuration reviews etc) and leverage use of SAP in broader business risk audits. The role will involve supporting the Internal Audit Function in developing the digital capabilities and other efficiency enhancing initiatives relating to data analytics. The role will require working specifically closely and in partnership with JM IT, JM Finance and JM Internal Audit Co-source provider, when needed.
The role will involve supporting the Assurance Function in maintaining high quality of the audit process, continuous improvement of its methodologies and tools and other activities that support implementation of function’s new strategy, as appropriate. Nature of audits include, but are not limited to, the following: SAP Segregation of Duties (SOD) audits; SAP configurable, automated controls; GRC controls.
· Provide independent assurance that the right activities are in place to mitigate identified risks;
· Plan, execute and report on discrete audit projects in a timely manner and in accordance with the audit, IT and risk methodologies;
· Engage with and / or direct / supervise other staff members (guest auditors from the business / co-source staff) to ensure engagements are completed appropriately and on time;
· Efficiently identify risks, mitigating control activities and tests of control activities for audit purposes;
· Monitor and report on the status of outstanding actions;
· Interpret policies and procedures relating to role and function, contribute to improvement of work processes to ensure they are kept in line with current best practice;
· Take the lead on implementing specific strategic workstreams to help make the function more efficient, agile, effective in its operation and reporting;
· Take accountability over the key data sources and data management, including internal repositories and technology (e.g. audit reports, status of audit actions, etc). Implement agile processes to manage and report this data quickly and efficiently to those charged with governance;
· Business partnering, ability to guide and support the IT and Group Finance community in solutioning and influencing the culture of control awareness as well as IT and business risks;
· Support in shaping the high-risk assurance areas in a complex, multifaceted technology landscape i.e. providing structure in the approach for scoping audits and how they will be delivered;
· Work closely and support the regional teams, as the SME for SAP business controls, related audits by delivering, coaching and training team on integrated auditors.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
· Relevant qualification or the equivalent work experience, ideally in a professional services environment.
· Experience in risk-based SAP IT auditing across a range of processes using the latest audit methodologies, techniques and tools.
· Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages and SQL programming.
· Experience in data presentation tools, preferably Tableau, and data analytics toolsets.
· Good understanding of IT auditing practices and IT risk governance frameworks.
· Business process improvement experience.
· Strong business partnership capabilities.
How to apply :
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The closing date is 30th October.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.