Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research help to make the world a cleaner and healthier place, today and for future generations. We have been in business for over 200 years with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
Johnson Matthey is an expanding Battery Materials business, which is a material science and electrochemistry-based business with global reach. With the recent announcement of the new Johnson Matthey Battery Materials Poland manufacturing facility in Konin, Poland which will produce advanced materials for batteries for electric vehicles, we are actively recruiting for QMS & Business Process Manager to join our new Quality Department.
This position is to direct and perform activities required to comply with the Battery Materials Konin site Business Management System (BMS) requirements. To support the establishment and continual improvement of Business Management System and processes in accordance with: IATF 16949, VDA 6.3, etc., Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) and Johnson Matthey Battery Materials specific requirements. CSR must be considered for all JM Customers: Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Battery Manufactures. Lead and coordinate major product/batch release related issue.
• To promote and encourage pro-active approach in EHS culture.
• To develop team’s talents, to manage their personal development, performance, motivation and engagement. To make sure effective communication is in place and constructive feedback is used.
• To establish and to improve continually of BMS processes.
• To support and participate in creation of the Documented Information structure for the site.
• Create and manage internal audit program for site.
• To lead and report to relevant persons on the status of Non-conformities and Corrective Actions process.
• Support the Quality Manager with implementation of customer requirements.
• To coordinate preparation of site for external, Customer and Certification body audits.
• To support other departments with training, understanding and implementation of site’s requirements.
• Own FMEA (as part of error proofing) process based on Sector standards.
• Responsible for root cause investigation and containment for major issues detected.
• Responsible for outlining possible countermeasures to both the Quality and production managers.
• Produce and interpret complex technical data, for circulation and presentation to internal and external customers, to assist with the improvement of products and processes to improve right first time for batch release.
• Compilation of data for Management Review.
• Assist Quality Manager with customer concern investigation.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Degree in STEM subject or equivalent professional experience.
• Detailed, working knowledge of Automotive Quality Standards such as IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3.
• A system-driven approach, working with structure and transparency to achieve deadlines.
• Strong communication skills that translate across different disciplines and cultures.
• Experienced in coaching and developing others.
• Proficiency in use of IT Programs (Excel advance knowledge).
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant Quality Standards: IATF 16949, VDA 6.3, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO45001.
• Experience in using and deploying IATF quality tools such as: FMEA, APQP, SPC, PPAP, MSA, 8D, Lean, TPM.
• Willingness to learn and apply new skills (continuous learning).
• Customer focus.
• Must be fluent in business English and Polish language.
What we offer:
• Labour-law employment.
• Participation in an interesting greenfield project - building new manufacturing facility.
• Work in international environment with highly qualified specialists.
• Development opportunities.
• Flexible working hours.
• Competitive salary.
• Positive and friendly atmosphere.
• Private Medical Care, Multisport Package, Life Insurance, Employee Pension Scheme (PPE).
Johnson Matthey is an equal opportunity employer that encourages suitably qualified candidates to submit applications, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, nationality, political opinion, union affiliation, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.