Mattson Materials and Production Control Planner will ensure the steady flow of materials into production necessary to meet daily and weekly production schedules. Will highlight and escalate any potential material shortages and/or constraints in production based on production work order shortages and constraints in manufacturing.
Responsible for the coordinating, managing, and organizing all materials in the manufacturing production areas. This includes, but is not limited to, materials on production work orders, in production KAN BANs, and all materials designated as production free stock. Will coordinate and work with other functional groups and/or leads to ensure the timely delivery, processing, and transacting of material in SAP required for production. Will track and report all material shortages in production and provide estimated arrival dates of these materials to production leads, supervisors, and managers. Will work closely with senior planners and master schedulers to understand and help facilitate meeting production schedules and priorities.
Is familiar with general APICS and MRP planning systems principal and practices
Will help to define best practices for systems, tools, application, and business process that make materials requirements planning and execution more accurate, efficient, and predictable. This may include but not be limited to calculating, setting up, and organizing work in process KAN BANs and free stock inventories for production.
Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
MRP Planning and Planning Systems and processes provide the tools that enable the planning, procurement, stocking and disbursement of inventory necessary to support Mattson Technology manufacturing production build requirement and customer demand. Inventory and logistics ability to plan and evaluate inventory levels which has a substantial impact on the inventory dollars spent by the company. Having the right parts at the right time is required for Mattson Technology to operate efficiently and provide the highest level of service to our customers.
- Managing, processing, and transacting in SAP all materials on the production floor for work orders, KAN BANs, and free stock
- Audit and validate materials issued to production for variances against work order picklist and/or materials transfer orders
- Process movement of materials to and from production on transfer orders (MT’s), quality notifications (QNs), and/or due to BOM errors
- Expedites transactions and materials movement
- Tracking and reports material shortages
- Works with senior planners to resolves inventory discrepancies
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of all materials in production clean room, clean room de-pack areas, and clean room free stock areas
- Ability to exercises own judgment within generally defined practices and procedures in order to set the appropriate working priorities
- Will work with site planning and/or ERP systems managers to develop and implement controls and systems to plan production and move inventory in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Manages personal time and resources efficiently to complete assigned projects accurately and on time
- Works on problems of diverse scope; must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Good customer service and communications skills required.
- Basic knowledge of SCM and manufacturing processes
- Basic knowledge of production planning, production scheduling, and shop floor control
- General knowledge or work experience with MRP transactional databases
- Basic knowledge of key measurements related to production planning and control systems
- Basic understanding of inventory control and data integrity as it relates MRP
- Good teamwork skills
- Average analytical skills
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize, and problem solve a variety of task to ensure timely completionAbility to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers
Education and Experience Required:
Environmental, Health & Safety Requirements:
- Successful completion of required Safety training
- Ensure equipment and machines are maintained in safe operating condition
- Report to the Safety Officer any unsafe or unhealthy condition which cannot be corrected
- Follow all safety and health regulations and work practices, including personal protective equipment where applicable