In order to be considered, all candidates MUST submit a resume in word document or pdf.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Global Head of Human Resources in supporting and carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/staffing, onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, training, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
1. Assist with the recruitment process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, identifying candidates, conducting phone screens, interviewing candidates and extending job offers.
2. Manage the background check process and ensure that issues are brought to the Head of Human Resources before the candidate is hired.
3. Conduct new hire orientation and ensure new hires receive a great new hire experience. Ensure new hires complete the required paperwork and benefits in a timely manner and enter the information into the HRIS system.
4. Maintain and update data within the company’s HRIS system and help produce data reports ensuring a high level of accuracy.
5. Partners with Managers to provide guidance and field HR related questions.
6. Collaborates with and supports Global HR Colleagues in multiple regions around the World.
7. Partners with HR Team to manage LOA and Workers Comp Claims.
8. Assist with developing and executing Human Resources policies and procedures, providing guidance and interpretation by ensuring the company is following legal compliance of HR federal, state and city employment laws.
9. Working with the Human Resources Team, works on suggesting new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency in all areas of Human Resources.
10. Assist with the termination process ensuring that all paperwork, final paycheck and other responsibilities related to terminations are completed in a timely manner.
11. Works on special projects, performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Demonstrates high initiative, integrity, strong work ethic and analytical skills
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with Oracle HCM a plus
Strong Excel skills and Computer proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
· BA or BS degree or equivalent experience and training in Human Resources
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressive Human Resources experience
· Strong general knowledge of employment law and best practices
This position does not supervise the work of others, however, may provide guidance to interns and freelancers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 15 pounds, kneeling, bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mattson Technology Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.