Mattson Technology is a global company with nearly 30 years of experience delivering leading-edge technology and products in the Dry Strip, Plasma and Thermal markets to our customers. While we consider Silicon Valley our roots, we have evolved into a worldwide organization that includes manufacturing, research and development, customer support, finance and sales operations throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
Our success is a result, in large part to the highly qualified and dedicated employees at Mattson Technology. Our employees represent a diverse group of individuals, committed to working as a team to deliver on our commitments. We value the ingenuity, flexibility, passion, knowledge and “can do” attitude that our employees exemplify daily.
We encourage you to consider a career at Mattson Technology. Mattson Technology recognizes that to recruit and retain a team of highly qualified employees, we must invest in our employees and therefore, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package.
About the Role
This opening is for a Mechanical Engineer position in the Customer Engineering Specials (CES) team of the Plasma Products Division based in Fremont, California. This role will be part of the CES team responsible for working across multiple product lines and tool generation in both Plasma Etch and Photo Resist Removal. Candidates performance will be subject to peer review.
- Generate mechanical design concepts and feasibility studies for making proposals for new CES/CIP/R&D project requests
- Conduct and participate in formal/informal design reviews to contribute and generate discussion/alternate ideas on various aspects of the design
- Perform engineering analysis of complex scope, in the following areas: Wafer transfer methods including robotics, friction, particle control, vacuum and end effectors, Mechanism design in assemblies such as slit valves, lift pins, indexers, Wafer temperature management (in both process and transfer environments) including cooling stations, pedestals, ESC
- Design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle.
- Generate solid models in 3D (parts and assemblies), 2D drawings, bills of material, submitting ECO’s, test specifications, functional specification and product specifications.
- Manage communications and expectations with internal and external customers and vendors to ensure accomplishing project objectives
- Work intensely with SAP, Pro-E, and other software applications to properly manage and document projects
- Can work hands-on when needed in the engineering lab and manufacturing to support the installation and test of CES/CIP designs that get delivered on customer systems
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering design, mechanics, and material science concepts and techniques, including proficiency in solving engineering problems using analytical techniques and engineering knowledge such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, measurement control, stress analysis, Finite Element Analysis, or system integration
- Experience in the areas of robotics, mechanisms, RF, Plasma, gas delivery, vacuum, temperature control and electrostatic clamping
- General knowledge of appropriate materials, components and technologies used in the semiconductor equipment industry.
- Understands and applies the principles of vacuum technology.
- General knowledge of electrical and software engineering disciplines.
- High level experience with CAD tools (in particular CREO) and SAP
- Requires skills in change management, problem solving, communication skills, customer orientation, product technology, global business perspective, personal effectiveness, project management, team skills and quality
- Requires knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, AutoCad, ProEngineer.
- Ability to work under pressure to design cost effective solutions with serviceability and manufacturability.
- Must be able to work in a theoretical domain or hands on practical situation
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and 3+ years directly related experience, or equivalent
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred