Mattson Technology is a global company with nearly 30 years of experience delivering leading-edge technology and products in the Dry Strip, Plasma and Thermal markets to our customers. While we consider Silicon Valley our roots, we have evolved into a worldwide organization that includes manufacturing, research and development, customer support, finance and sales operations throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
Our success is a result, in large part to the highly qualified and dedicated employees at Mattson Technology. Our employees represent a diverse group of individuals, committed to working as a team to deliver on our commitments. We value the ingenuity, flexibility, passion, knowledge and “can do” attitude that our employees exemplify daily.
We encourage you to consider a career at Mattson Technology. Mattson Technology recognizes that to recruit and retain a team of highly qualified employees, we must invest in our employees and therefore, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package.
About the Role
This opening is for a Buyer 2 position in the Procurement Group based in Fremont, California. Candidates performance will be subject to peer review.
- Implement purchasing plans and schedules
- Promote supplier consolidations while maintaining approved supplier base
- Negotiate and issue blanket/open purchase orders for repetitive requirements. Implement low-labor-cost-country (LLCC) programs and the implementation of VMI (MRP elimination) and other LEAN initiatives
- Enforce terms and conditions of purchase orders, and compliance with legal requirements and Mattson policy
- Review questionable situations and interact with other groups to ensure compliance with purchasing agreements. Anticipate problems and seek means to prevent or reduce their impact. Make sure that all suppliers have executed Confidentiality Agreements and Supplier Agreements with the Mattson
- Follows efforts to achieve standardization and cost savings. Coordinate activities and provide technical assistance to less experienced staff
- Execute the weekly MRP, support the weekly MPS, support the monthly, support the quarterly, and support the quarterly budget. The Buyer II is responsible for inventory levels, DOS, ITO, mitigation, and other inventory velocity measures for their portfolio. The Buyer II is responsible for proper forecast of material requirements and potential shortages as part of the weekly MPS and the process
- Ensure all MRP parameters for items in their portfolio are correct and will drive the proper execution of MRP in support of Mattson s QCD business requirements, the needs of the supply base, and our customer requirements.
- Ensures timely execution of return-to-vendor, supplier repair, and the timely re-supply of material in accordance to MRP
- Escalate unresolved problems after proper due diligence
- Attend meetings to provide particular material updates as required and deemed necessary by the Purchasing Manager
- Enforce and follow all Mattson s purchasing policies and procedures
- Drive inventory velocity to meet the needs and requirements of the business
- Ensure that the award of business meets Mattson’s quality, cost (landed cost), and delivery (QCD) needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Technical Writing Certificate preferred
- Experience with Adobe FramMaker and Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated ability to write complex service and operating procedures
- Ability to write and review highly technical documentation
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or Micrografx Desinger
- Working knowledge of programs to construct electronic documentation
- Experience with Autodesk ACAD or AutoCAD is a plus