Mattson Technology is a global company with nearly 30 years of experience delivering leading-edge technology and products in the Dry Strip, Plasma and Thermal markets to our customers. While we consider Silicon Valley our roots, we have evolved into a worldwide organization that includes manufacturing, research and development, customer support, finance and sales operations throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
Our success is a result, in large part to the highly qualified and dedicated employees at Mattson Technology. Our employees represent a diverse group of individuals, committed to working as a team to deliver on our commitments. We value the ingenuity, flexibility, passion, knowledge and “can do” attitude that our employees exemplify daily.
We encourage you to consider a career at Mattson Technology. Mattson Technology recognizes that to recruit and retain a team of highly qualified employees, we must invest in our employees and therefore, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package.
About the Role
This opening is for an MTS, Electrical Engineer position in the Plasma Product Group based in Fremont, California. This role will be part of the Plasma Products Group responsible for working across multiple product lines and tool generations including Plasma Etch, Photo Resist Removal, and platform engineering (robotics). This role will be responsible for hands-on development engineering of complex distributed control systems for plasma Etcher and Asher semiconductor capital equipment. Candidates performance will be subject to peer review.
- Design and engineering for medium complexity mixed signal circuit boards. Candidate will be fully proficient in the latest revision of Cadence product suite of design tools. A hands-on demonstration of skills for OrCAD 17.4 will be required.
- Electrical engineering supporting the design of mixed signal circuits. Candidate will fully understand the electrical characters of mixed signal circuits, dc power distribution, ground planes and EMI shielding techniques.
- Hands on design of control systems utilizing distributed bus architectures such as EtherCAT, TCP/IP, DeviceNet, POWERLINK. Demonstration of knowledge for EtherCAT topology and protocols master/slave will be required.
- Hands on design of “safe” control systems utilizing safety plc and discrete components.
- Prepare, execute and analyze experiments to characterize and understand the behavior of control systems in complex semiconductor equipment.
- Generate excellent documentation and presentations on experiments for internal review. Where appropriate, this position may also include publishing technical literature.
- Work with other functional groups internal or external to translate proposals into working concepts and prove commercial feasibility. This may also involve some degree of project management and travel to various business units.
- Build/assemble sophisticated experimental apparatuses containing data acquisition and/or automated processing in a timely manner.
- Work with and have a theoretical understanding of control systems and there interaction with complex semiconductor equipment sub systems: reactor chamber controls/monitoring, RF generators and matches, gas box’s, high vacuum valves, manometers, thermal monitoring, insitu process monitoring, robotics, facilities interfacing, 208AC and 480AC 3-phase delta power distribution and control.
- Testing and troubleshooting equipment, systems, devices processes and/or test set-ups to locate and repair defective area(s). This includes analog, digital and mixed signal control circuits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or 15+ years’ experience as a proven leader in control system design.
- Excellent documentation and communications skills.
- Experience with relevant software (DASYLab, Labview, Igor Pro, Matlab or similar), PCB design and industry specific safety requirements (SEMI, CE, UL and NFPA) is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently under deadline pressure in a highly dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work safely in a laboratory environment containing high-energy machinery and hazardous gases.
- Experience with a wide range of test equipment including RF Power Meters, Frequency Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, DMM’s and Oscilloscope’s
- Must be able to travel outside the US.