We are seeking bright, motivated candidates for the position of Help Desk Associate. The candidate will provide phone, email and virtual (screen-sharing) assistance to employees (end-users) to resolve software, hardware and business process concerns. Areas of support will include Salesforce.com, reporting, best-practices, and other issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT help desk ticketing system;
- Provide back-end support to Sales, Pricing, and Billing;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues;
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software;
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software;
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required;
- Analyze reported issues to determine priority and business impact;
- Communicate with end-users to clarify the requirements of the reported issue;
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems;
- Provide guidance and training on the use of Plymouth Rock Energy applications;
- Enter, track and route all support requests and document their resolutions within the help desk software;
- Full lifecycle of help desk issues: create to close;
- Prepare activity reports;
- Inform management of recurring problems;
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates;
- Primary contact on scene;
- Maintain access control.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
- Basic operating system functionality training and/or equivalent experience;
- Experience in hardware, software, network troubleshooting;
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other ticketing software;
- Microsoft Office training and/or equivalent experience;
- Extreme attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-starter, team-player with excellent communication skills;
- Ability to present complex technical concepts and ideas in easy-to-understand language.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or the Force.com platform
- Excellent aim with Nerf weapons and/or experience flying quadcopters
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- 2-5 Years of Helpdesk experience
- Degree not required
This position will be located in our Oak Park, MI office as part of the Information Technology department.
This position will report to the IT Team Manager.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Plymouth Rock Energy, LLC encourages individuals to apply for open positions using the “Apply Now” button. However, if you are unable to complete your application online you may mail your resume to our address: Plymouth Rock Energy, LLC, Attn: IT Human Resources, 25900 Greenfield Rd. Ste 245, Oak Park, MI 48237.
Plymouth Rock Energy
We are a rapidly growing energy company recently acquired by Engie Resources, a division of Engie Group. With headquarters in New York our IT office is located in Oak Park, Michigan. Focused on the whole well-being of our employees, we cultivate an environment that is fun and casual yet highly productive. Our individual team members are committed to quality and innovation and we collectively strive for continual growth and improvement. We enjoy delivering creative and useful solutions to our end-users. We relish problem-solving and the satisfaction of a job well done. We take pride in handling the business needs in a timely and efficient manner, improving the customer experience, and driving the company forward. The company works hard to ensure the team is well supplied with coffee and other essential tools to perform at our best every day.
For more than 60 years we have helped building owners, managers, facilities management professionals and homeowners manage their energy needs. Specializing in Natural Gas and Electricity supply, we have earned our reputation as a premier commercial/Industrial and residential energy provider. This is reflected in the professionalism of the service we provide, and in our performance when customers call upon us. Plymouth Rock Energy is the most competitive marketer of Natural Gas and Electricity in the industry.