At SAC Wireless, it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technology services. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the country choose SAC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join SAC and help shape our future while creating yours.
SAC designs, builds and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications, enterprise and public sector customers. An industry leader with highly trained and certified professionals providing best-in- class network solutions and services.
SUMMARY: The Civil Technician is responsible for supporting his crew during wireless cell site construction. Taking direction from the Civil Foreman, this individual will have the ability to build a site based on set of plans, Methods of Procedure (MOPs) and Bill of Materials (BOMs) provided. Candidate must be willing to operate hand tools, power tools, and other construction equipment and machinery on a daily basis in all outdoor weather environments. All duties must be performed in accordance with OSHA and other worker safety standards with keeping high quality, accountability and budget timelines in mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Work on and around electrical components including but not limited to conduit installations, cabling, grounding and various connectors.
• Perform form setting and site layout.
• Safely operate heavy machinery for compaction and welding etc.
• Perform basic concrete carpentry.
• Prepare materials for daily projects, preps truck and trailer with necessary items to complete scheduled build.
• Successfully complete formal and on-the-job training.
• Welding apprentice preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving history.
• Class A CDL a plus.
• Telecommunications experience ideal.
• Ability to use hand tools.
• Technical Understanding/Ability
• Use equipment and facilities properly including maintenance of tools and work sites.
• Ability to use the range of operations of GPS, computer, camera and other technical equipment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
• Ability to read, comprehend and carryout instructions.
• Requires the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at knees and waist, lift equipment and tools, etc.
• Ability to travel for months at a time with long and unpredictable hours.
• Desire to succeed and learn new skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational skills, acute attention to detail; managing priorities and workflow.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
• Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Sit for prolonged periods.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• Travel 70 to 100 percent.
• Outside in all weather conditions.
• Noise encountered from heavy equipment use on job site.