Associate Tower Tech’s Begin to develop an understanding of the wireless industry. 40-60% of time spent onsite climbing Cell Towers. Techs must back up the lead tower hand when working top side and back up the tower foreman when on the ground. Learn and develop an understanding for color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, etc. (as it pertains to the SOW at hand).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
· Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc. including mounts, radios, and antennas
· Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
· A willingness to travel when required.
Successful Completion of Required Training (ref pages 14 and 123 of IIPP):
· First Aid/BBP @ CPR
· SACW IIPP
· PPE use and requirements
· Lock out Tag out
· RF Awareness
· SACW on board/protocols
· GHS (formally MSDS)
· Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe, capstan etc.)
· Safety conscious
· Quick learners
· Able to take direction
· Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
· Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
· Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
· Onsite at job locations.
· Potential exposure to outdoor elements.