At SAC Wireless, it's our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technology services. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the country choose SAC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join SAC and help shape our future while creating yours.
SAC designs, builds and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications, enterprise and public sector customers. An industry leader with highly trained and certified professionals providing best-in- class network solutions and services.
SUMMARY: The Civil Technician is responsible for supporting his crew during wireless cell site construction. Taking direction from the Civil Foreman, this individual will have the ability to build a site based on set of plans, Methods of Procedure (MOPs) and Bill of Materials (BOMs) provided. Candidate must be willing to operate hand tools, power tools, and other construction equipment and machinery on a daily basis in all outdoor weather environments. All duties must be performed in accordance with OSHA and other worker safety standards with keeping high quality, accountability and budget timelines in mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Work on and around electrical components including but not limited to conduit installations, cabling, grounding and various connectors.
• Perform form setting and site layout.
• Safely operate heavy machinery for compaction and welding etc.
• Perform basic concrete carpentry.
• Prepare materials for daily projects, preps truck and trailer with necessary items to complete scheduled build.
• Successfully complete formal and on-the-job training.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving history.
• Class A CDL a plus.
• Telecommunications experience ideal.
• Ability to use hand tools.
• Technical Understanding/Ability
• Use equipment and facilities properly including maintenance of tools and work sites.
• Ability to use the range of operations of GPS, computer, camera and other technical equipment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
• Ability to read, comprehend and carryout instructions.
• Requires the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at knees and waist, lift equipment and tools, etc.
• Ability to travel for months at a time with long and unpredictable hours.
• Desire to succeed and learn new skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational skills, acute attention to detail; managing priorities and workflow.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
• Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
We build an intelligent, connected world through the unparalleled execution of services and delivery of solutions to the telecommunications industry.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
• Safety: Make a personal commitment to safety every day.
• Quality: Produce high quality work product.
• Speed: Execute with a sense of urgency and speed.
• Professionalism: Display a professional attitude in conduct with customers, vendors and teammates.
• Customer Service: Understand our customers' needs and deliver for them.
• Teamwork: Foster teamwork and be a great member of the team.
• Communication: Create and welcome open and honest communication.
• Ethics: Exhibit unquestionable integrity.
• Good Decisions: Make sound, smart decisions and welcome input from others.
• Financial Acumen: Understand how our work impacts customers' and our company's bottom-line.
• World View: Understand how our work builds an intelligent, connected world.
• Hire and Develop Great People: We hire talented people to share our mission, values, and core competences and we are committed to developing the best people in our business
• Say It: We commit to action with our customers, suppliers, shareholders and team members; and lead with conviction and courage
• Own It: We execute with intention, urgency, and rigor and embrace personal accountability for our commitments
• Make it Better: We improve every day in every facet of our mission and business, and seek to be world-class in all that we do.
• Expect Amazing: When we combine great people with the ability to say it, own it, and make it better, we expect to amaze our customers, suppliers, shareholders and team members as we deliver services and solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Sit for prolonged periods.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• Travel 70 to 100 percent.
• Outside in all weather conditions.
• Noise encountered from heavy equipment use on job site.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.