Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support.
UGN recently achieved ranking as a “2019 Best Company to Work for in Illinois”. Based on three core values of Trust, Respect and Communication, UGN prides itself on a unique culture that is the UGN Way.
Learn more about UGN at https://ugn.com/
We are looking for an Operations Analyst to evaluate our company's operations and make recommendations to improve operational efficiency. The Operations Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing changes and new procedures based on the thorough review and analysis of our current policies, resources, operations, processes, and procedures. This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be involved in projects impacting short term and long term operational strategy. Position is based at our Corporate headquarters in Tinley Park, IL.
To be successful as an Operations Analyst you should be able to analyze complex data sets, identify shortcomings or opportunities, and work with management and employees to implement changes. An outstanding Operations Analyst should be able to advise staff on all levels and develop new processes and workflows to enhance operations.
• Identifying operational requirements and opportunities for improvement.
• Gathering information by observing workflows, reading company reports, conducting employee interviews, etc.
• Determining appropriate methods to analyze operations, relevant information, and data.
• Documenting findings, preparing reports, and making recommendations.
• Developing new processes and procedures to enhance operations.
• Working with managers and employees to implement changes.
• Determining the effectiveness of new processes.
• Establishing and maintaining quality standards.
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
• 2 plus years of experience as an Operations Analyst or in a similar position.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience using statistical and database software.
• Proactive with advanced project management skills.
• Detailed with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong multitasking and time management skills with a sense of urgency.
• Expert with Excel (pivot tables, vertical look-ups, formulas).
• Ability to run queries in Oracle, Kronos and other systems.
• Lean knowledge (Kaizen, TPS).
• Willing to travel to our plants (approximately 20%).