Job: Farm Hand
Location: Goonoo Farm
- Competitive remuneration
- Air-conditioned accommodation
- Tool allowance for bringing own tools
We are looking for a motivated person who has previous experience as farm hand. This person requires excellent communication skills, can work as part of a team and has demonstrated experience working with modern GPS tractors and zero till machinery.
Goonoo farm is located in Central Queensland, 65km south east of Emerald and 20km south of Comet. Goonoo Farm is additionally located beside our Goonoo Feedlot and Station, therefore offering fabulous collaboration and development opportuntity.
Duties & responsibilities
- Using planting equipment for fertilising and planting operations
- Irrigating operations and water harvesting pumps
- Participate in harvesting operations by using tractors, harvesters, forklifts and hand tools
- Cleaning and sterilising farm equipment
- Maintain and repair farm buildings, fences, machinery, and other equipment
- Perform routine daily checks & services on plant and equipment
- Previous experience as a farm hand combined with a minimum of 12 months experience operating high horse power machinery
- Experience in dryland and irrigation farming, using modern GPS machinery (250+HP)
- Previous experience maintaining machinery.
- Experience with furrow irrigation
- Welding ability preferred
- HR truck licence preferred
- Excavator, bulldozer experience preferred
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- High level organisation skills
Single accommodation only.
Immediate start available.
- Remuneration will match the level of skill and experience demonstrated and in accordance with the company’s Certified Agreement.
- This is not a complete list of job responsibilities and Job Descriptions may vary between sites.
- All new employees will be required to complete an initial medical questionnaire and pass a pre-employment functional assessment relevant to the requirements of the role.
Applications and Inquiries
Applications close 1 March 2020. To apply to this or any other roles, please click on the ‘Apply for this position” button below: