Role: Feedmill Hand
Location: Aronui Feedlot
We are seeking a motivated Feedmill Hand with previous experience in a similar role to join our team. A desire to practice their skills and actively develop their career within AACo. Your role will be varied and your work highly valued. Reporting to the Feedmill Manager, you’ll be a proactive and positive member of the AACo team, who has a passion for cattle, working outdoors and giving your best efforts every day.
- Competitive remuneration
- Development and training
- Enthusiastic and driven team
Aronui feedlot is located in the grain belt of the rich and fertile darling downs, 20km north of Dalby and 3 hours west of Brisbane. It is a beautiful property and a great team to work and live with.
Personal Responsibilities and Associated Duties
- Carryout recieval, handling and storage of commodities
- Carryout preparation of feedstuffs
- Operation of mills, harvestore, tempering system and in-loading when required
- Operation of loader for loading feed truck
- Maintain all mill areas in a clean and hygienic state.
- Carryout feeding of livestock in accordance with Mill procedures on
- Mixing of feed in feed truck
- Feeding out of ration
- Assist in the maintenance of all mill machinery
- Carryout general feedlot maintenance as directed
- Maintain a clean hygienic working environment
- Complete all required mill documentation
- Identify and report any existing or potential faults and quality problems
To be successful, you will have
- Knowledge of and licences (tickets) where necessary for Mill vehicle operation
- Be able to meet all the educational and experience pre-requisites for the appointed FFB level as specified in the current AAco Certified Agreement.
- A willingness to use a computer
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Programs
- Knowledge of grain and commodity specifications
- General machinery maintenance skills
- Mill operation and maintenance
Role closes on the 20 May 2020