- Excellent working conditions
- Development and training
- Team orientated environment
We are looking to share the Australian experience and require employees from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of skills, talents and aspirations, and a strong work ethic to join us.
Canobie Station is located 200km North of Cloncurry, in the Gulf Region.
Duties & responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Take responsibility for your safe work behaviour
- Manage the maintenance program for all vehicles, plant and machinery
- Undertake regular services
- Carry out repairs and overhauls as required
- Complete records of work carried out
- Maintain spare parts
- Maintain an efficient and safe workshop
- Train operators to perform daily checks and services
- Repairs and services to water pumps and pumping equipment
- Schedule the fixing of bores according to urgency
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Mechanic trade qualification preferred
- Experience in welding, carpentry, concreting and/or fabrication preferred
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- High level organisation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time.
- You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10–20kilo’s and occasionally more.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hats, gloves, safety glasses, covered shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
- This job requires the ability to comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments
Single air-conditioned accommodation available.
To apply to this or any other roles, please click on the link