- Competitive remuneration
- Air-conditioned accommodation
- Prepared meals
- Development and training
- Transfer opportunities at the end of each season
We are looking for
We are looking to share the Australian experience and require employees from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of skills, talents and aspirations, and a strong work ethic to join us.
Throughout our AACo operations, safety is a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Brunette is situated in the middle of Barkly Tableland and is located 350km North East of the nearest town, Tennant Creek and 660km northwest of Mount Isa in Queensland which serves as the station’s main service town.
The property comprises of mostly open downs country and is involved in the breeding and backgrounding of the companies Australian Composite.
Duties & responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Take responsibility for your safe work behaviour
- Manage the maintenance program for all vehicles, plant and machinery
- Undertake regular services
- Carry out repairs and overhauls as required
- Complete records of work carried out
- Maintain spare parts
- Maintain an efficient and safe workshop
- Train operators to perform daily checks and services
- Repairs and services to water pumps and pumping equipment
- Schedule the fixing of bores according to urgency
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Mechanic trade qualification preferred
- Experience in welding, carpentry, concreting and/or fabrication preferred
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- High level organisation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10–20kilo’s and occasionally more.This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hats, gloves, safety glasses, covered shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
- This job requires the ability to comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
Single/Couple air-conditioned accommodation
Immediate Start Available.
Remuneration will match the level of skill and experience demonstrated and in accordance with the company’s Certified Agreement.
This is not a complete list of job responsibilities and Job Descriptions may vary between sites.
Applications and Enquiries
To apply to this or any other roles, please click on the ‘Apply for this position” button below.