Why this role exists
As our Administration / Technical Assistant, you will provide support and guidance to the leadership team of Dalgonally through efficient and diligent completion of administrative tasks, including management of station accounts and payroll, operational and reconciliation of livestock information systems, and ensuring the data captured throughout the course of your duties is accurate.
This role is instrumental to the smooth running of the administration and day-to-day operations of the station, and key to ensure the station meets its objectives and goals.
You’ll have a keen interest in and ability to create process improvements on station. You understand and embrace change and the mantra that everything can always be better.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Outstanding experience provider: You appreciate everyone you come into contact with and ensure their experience with you and the business is the best it can be, so they remember every moment fondly and want to build long and loyal relationships with us.
Ownership mentality: You act like an owner of the business, with an unwavering focus on driving outstanding performance
Commercial: You understand the impact of your actions and decisions on the overall business, and recognise that you have the ability to make a real difference!
Team, team, team: You understand that success comes from a team working together to achieve outcomes, rather than individual brilliance
Superstar: You have a knack for proactively resolving issues.
You’re the ‘go to’ person : You are the type of individual that ensures things run smoothly at all times
- Provide administrative support to Station and Operations Managers
- Manage station accounts and timely management of payroll and general administrative duties
- Operate and support livestock information systems; ensure the data you capture maintains its integrity, and it accurate
- Own your space; have accountability for your patch, and maintain accuracy in all facets of your role
- Document and improve station administrative processes
- When required, take part in other station duties (mustering etc)
- Ad hoc projects where required
- Demonstrated experience as an administrator and exposure to stations is required
- Strong and confident to use Microsoft Office suite
Behaviours and competencies required
- Strong attention to detail
- High customer service drive
- Strong communicator both verbally and written
- A problem solver
- Team player who contributes with others on station and within the business
- Strong safety orientation
- Empathy, care and compassion for others
- Behaviours are professional and aligned with the AACo values – the Station Operations Officer leads by example.