Head Stockperson – Wylarah Station
- Competitive remuneration
- Air-conditioned accommodation
- Meat allowance
- Development and training
- Transfer opportunities at the end of each season
We are looking for
We are looking to share the Australian experience and require employees from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of skills, talents and aspirations, and a strong work ethic to join us.
Throughout our AACo operations, safety is a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Wylarah Station, situated 15km’s outside of Surat. The aggregation’s operates as the Bull Breeding Unit for the company Producing Full Blood Wagyu bulls for the company commercial herds.
Wylarah is the namesake of our one of our luxury beef brands, and will play a huge part in the success of AACo both now and into the future, and is an important stop over for our customers visiting both internationally and from around Australia.
A short drive from Roma and excellent schooling and community facilities, Wylarah also contains a farming operation that runs in parallel to the station and breeding operation.
Duties & responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
- Take responsibility for your safe work behaviour
- Manage welfare of all livestock according to the Code of Practice
- Organise mustering teams and implement animal husbandry programs
- Record accurate and prompt stock numbers for the company’s livestock information system
- Lead and train station stock staff into an effective livestock handling team
- Maintain paddock security with reference to gates and fence
People & Safety
- Effective communication with Station Manager and staff
- Lead and train station stock staff into an effective operational team.
Maintenance & Infrastructure
- In conjunction with Manager implement annual maintenance and capital improvement programs, including budget and development goals
Quality, Finance and Administration
- Build an understanding of cost of production, risk management, budgets and cost benefit analysis.
- In conjunction with Manager, review financial performance and livestock transactions regularly to ensure profitability, using sale feedback and kill data
- Record accurate stock numbers for the companys livestock information system
- Ensure the station meets the requirements of the company Quality Assurance program
- Implement the environmental and natural resources programs on the station and support the manager with the maintenance of appropriate records.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Computer knowledge and a basic level of skill in Microsoft Office applications
- Sound working knowledge of station activities (bores, fencing, construction, machinery, earth moving, stockman ship)
- Working knowledge of market specifications and ability to draft cattle according to specifications by visual assessment and weight.
- Willingness to professionally represent AACo at industry and community affairs when requested by management
- Livestock and horse riding experience are essential and general machinery maintenance experience is preferred
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- High level of organisation skills to organise a daily/weekly work schedule for reporting staff required
- This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10–20 kilo’s and occasionally more.
- This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hats, gloves, safety glasses, covered shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
- This job requires the ability to comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments.
Comfortable and air conditioned housing available for the right candidate.
As soon as possible.
Applications and Enquiries
To apply to this or any other roles, please click on the ‘Apply for this position” button below.