Based just outside of Comet, QLD, Goonoo Farm is a high-functioning and successful farming operation. Goonoo Farm is an integral part of our value chain, supplying high quality grain and fodder crops to our feedlot, holding an integral place in the production of our world class beef.
Approximately 7000ha in size, Goonoo Farm consists of 6000ha of dry land farming and 1000ha of flood irrigated crops, predominately growing grain, silage and hay.
You will be accountable for ensuring all farming operations, relevant reporting and budgetary financial requirements meet a high standard, while leading a team to ensure best practice procedures are maintained across all aspects of the business at all times.
Your role exists to make our business better. On any given day this could include, but is not limited to:
- Leadership and development of staff at the Farm
- Developing and maintaining beneficial relationships with key suppliers, partners and customers
- Ensuring cropping program fulfils critical commodity supply (i.e hay, silage for feedlot requirements among others)
- Be proactive in seasonal management of forage cropping to match feed pool changes
- Ensure irrigation systems are utilised to maximum efficiency where appropriate
- Management and accountability of budgets and P&L
- Reporting of paddock and crop conditions to management
- Working alongside the Station and Feedlot manager to operate as one integrated unit
- Ensuring the highest standards are upheld in terms of crop quality
- Responsible for the creation and execution of work program and crop rotation throughout the year
- Capital and project management
- Ensuring all work practices and processes are consistent and in line with Company Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Detailed: You are well organised and have good planning skills, and successful execution of a plan is what drives you.
- You’re the ‘go to’ person: You are the type of individual that ensures things run smoothly at all times
- Natural leader: You’re a leader through and through. Coaching and development is your strong suit, and you empower your staff to make decisions
- Driven: This role is a stepping stone to a bigger and brighter future within the Company, and a fantastic opportunity for growth for the right person
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated ability in creating a diverse, fun and outcome focused culture
- Experience in setting stretch KPI’s ensuring that key Company and financial targets are met
- Full strategic accountability for the management and successful execution of the Farms crop and weed management program
- Excellent organisational skills overseeing day to day planning, as well as project management, within a logistically busy and diverse environment within the Station
- An understanding and appreciation of requirements to run a busy station, and complex problems to solve
- Confidence with technology ensuring it drives innovation and efficiency throughout the business
- Effective management of project and capital expenditure processes, to drive financially responsible outcomes for Goonoo Farm
The official stuff – Experience and qualifications
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills
- Extensive experience in intensive farming operations
- Demonstrable experience in the creation and execution of key projects and strategic initiatives
- Flexibility in your approach (aka not afraid of change) - but understand that process and structure are important
- Ability to manage and maximise a diverse and inclusive team
- Belief that work can (and should) be fun!
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If you think you'd be interested in this fantastic and rare opportunity, apply now using the link below. If you have any further queries, you can direct these to email@example.com