This role will lead efforts to design the future state of the Member experience in support of the company's member centric strategy. The Member Experience Design Manager will serve as an advocate for members, working cross-functionally with business partners to facilitate, orchestrate, champion, and drive change via people, policy or system changes to improve the member experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
Understand & Empathize With Customers:
- Synthesizes qualitative and quantitative sources of consumer feedback and insights, including external data sources.
- Conducts ethnographic research to enhance the understanding of Members’ emotional needs and mental state throughout their interactions with our products/services. Develops deep insight of customers, their behaviors, preferences, and patterns to understand how to best meet their needs.
- Connect dots between research, analytics and business goals to develop and communicate customer experience insights that translate into business strategy and actions.
Design Future State Experiences:
- Guides graphic designers through creation of various “Customer Experience” artifacts including journey maps, service blueprints, design personas, CX Dashboards, and other materials necessary to tell the customer story and champion improvement.
- Facilitates future-state design workshops that may include cross-functional subject matter experts, suppliers, vendors, and Members.
- Activities may cover both innovation in products and services offered, as well as innovation in operational processes that support Member Experience.
Build Member-Centric Culture
- Acts as internal expert on customer needs and competitive/industry trends for general reference and on specific key initiatives. Contributes significantly to developing a member-centric strategy and culture by emphasizing “Outside-In” “Member-Back” thinking in all interactions and decision.
- Partners with a wide variety of teams and departments to successfully guide the implementation of new customer experiences. Effectively communicates with company senior management to gain their support in the definition of customer experience work plans, and to share the results of new initiatives.
- Presents at company and association functions to build awareness & interest in the Customer Experience function, and to gain support for Customer Experience initiatives across the organization.
Industry Relevance, Expertise, & Professional Development
- Monitors market conditions, trends, competitors, and best-in-class benchmarks to project business sector/consumer expectations and inform future customer experience needs.
- Monitors media coverage and polling/interviewing customers and/or retailers to determine perceptions of brands/products
- Attends relevant industry and organization conferences, events, or training as appropriate.
- Performs any and all duties assigned by the supervisor
- Problems faced are usually difficult and extremely complex.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing customer experience programs and practices within a complex business environment
- Strong analytical & research skills, ability to think strategically and influence business decisions
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and influence both tactical immediate decisions and longer-term strategies
- Customer insights experience; trained in the use of basic CX concepts such as journey maps, design thinking, path to purchase, customer experience metrics and measurements
- Travel to 20%.