Job Title: Thermo-Structural Senior Staff Design Engineer
The Bloom Energy Technology Development team is seeking a highly motivated Structural Engineer to join its team. This analyst will be a part of a small interdisciplinary team focused on overall performance improvements of our solid oxide fuel cells. This position is based in Bangalore, India.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Solve challenging mechanical design problems relating to high temperature energy generation (static parts), Knowledge of full design cycle: Concept, detailed design, Verification, Validation and address field problems.
- Identify product improvements based on in-depth analysis of field performance data
- Solve for failure modes and mechanisms and propose design changes to addresss the same.
- Problem solving using FEA (Abaqus & Hypermesh preferred) tools
- Propose design changes with the knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Invent ways and means for solving problems quickly and propose engineering solutions.
Education & Experience:
- MS or MTech in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 6-12 years experience in an engineering company supporting product development and hands-on testing and validation
- 5-10 years experience in stress analysis & meshing packages - Abaqus and Ansys, Hypermesh
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of strength of materials
- 3-D geometry, grid generation, and post-processing and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, independent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully manage a multiple of projects and meet deliverable deadlines amidst changing requirements, deadlines and priorities
- Experience in experimental methods is highly desirable
- Ability to be creative, versatile, efficient and productive with minimal supervision or guidance
- Strong self-starter and team player with a can do attitude
- Strong drive for results and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills