Job Description: Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Senior Contracts Manager to join its world class legal team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
The Senior Contracts Manager will be a member of the Legal Department who will primarily support the commercial team, work closely with the business and operations teams and lead the implementation of a contract life cycle management system for sales contracts. This role may also support other legal departments, e.g. supply chain, compliance. The role includes a broad spectrum of responsibilities, from reviewing, drafting, revising and negotiating contracts, monitoring contract performance and compliance, creating an operationalized contract oversight process to managing work flow.
Location: This position will be located in San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Help the sales and legal team book, finance and deploy Bloom’s products.
• Review, revise, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts including non-disclosure agreements, services agreements, engagement letters, ancillary documentation, and other supporting documentation.
• Help the commercial and legal teams (both U.S. and international) scale to support the Company’s growth by implementing systems, processes, and procedures covering the sales contracting life cycle process, prioritizing the implementation and maintenance of a sales contract workflow management system from origination to deployment that:
o includes a library of template forms, provisions and other relevant information
o ensures proper internal approvals are received for contract deviations that arise during negotiation
o ensures contract terms and conditions are consistent with internal policies and goals
o provides a document-tracking database with the capacity to generate reliable reports on contract status, volume, processing times and other operational metrics
o has an easily accessible and audit-ready archive of all fully executed contracts
• Contribute to the improvement of the legal department and help to provide quality legal services to the company.
• Assist on broader company initiatives such as the implementation of new products
• Work cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, Compliance, Products, Marketing, Finance and other internal stakeholders in connection with all of the foregoing.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by legal team members.
Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years of relevant professional legal experience, including:
o Prior in-house experience
o Experience in enterprise software and/or contract management and database systems
o Paralegal or other professional certification a plus
• Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
• Ability to work closely with attorneys and others on the team
• Has experience and knowledge of best practices
• Enjoys problem solving and developing new processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad audience including sales, marketing, operations, and finance professionals
• Ability to multitask, prioritize work load and competing priorities
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail
• Ability to provide high quality product in a timely manner
• Efficient, effective and well organized
• Customer service oriented
• Respectful, open, collaborative and transparent inter-personal skills; team-work oriented
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.