Bloom Energy, the leader in disruptive energy solutions based on its world changing fuel cell technology is looking for a Global Logistics and Trade Compliance Manager to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensures trade compliance and provides import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments
- Provides guidance and information to internal Bloom parties with regards to transportation regulations as well as logistical solutions, including warehousing and freight pricing
- Interfaces with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers and other cross-functional areas with regards to Foreign Trade Zone matters.
- Works with Bloom packaging & Internal/External shipping parties to ensure goods will be properly marked/labeled
- Develop corporate documentation to support Trade Compliance processes and audits.
- Develop, document, implement and improve logistics processes and procedures
- Perform/coordinate Supply chain/Logistics analysis as requested
- Track transportation savings, ensuring attainment of all productivity and cost out objectives.
- Train operational customers (internal & external) on transportation and logistics processes and initiatives to increase awareness and compliance
- Classify items appropriately for import and export in accordance with US Customs regulations
- May be assigned with Logistics and Compliance ad hoc projects to meet business requirements
- Monitor and Communicate emerging regulation changes
- Develop and assist with the implementation of remediation plans and local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain / Logistics / Business / MBA a plus
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience in logistics
- Experience in import/export administration and control experience preferred
- Oracle ERP experience preferred
- Experience in international logistics (customs regimes, import/export, tax, contractual implications) beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of industry best practices (warehousing/logistics/transportation)
- Team-oriented, with proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent PC/application skills MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point, Visio, etc.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.