Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Installation Design Electrical Engineer to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: Remote, East Coast
Additional comments: The Installation Design Electrical Engineer will develop conceptual designs and implementation specifications for complex solutions to demonstrate feasibility of Bloom Energy’s product. This position will interface with a larger site design team: engineers, project managers, and construction supervisors.
This position will focus on eliminating technical barriers and representing a highly technical product or service related to the power industry. The Installation Design Electrical Engineer must have a strong understanding of a broad set of engineering and construction solutions and have the ability to manage the internal design and external customer process.
Job responsibilities include technical site analysis and conceptual design; interface with City/County/State officials and utilities; and managing customer relationships. Knowledge of construction, electrical, mechanical applications is essential. Knowledge of low and medium voltage power systems and electronic principals is essential. An understanding of civil, structural and electro-chemical applications is beneficial.
The Installation Design Electrical Engineer must have experience working electrical distribution and power generation design. An understanding of grid independent infrastructure (e.g. diesel generators, UPS systems, transfer switches) and other relevant components, and the code requirements associated with installing these components is a must.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical content of, overseeing, and developing electrical site designs. Additional responsibilities may include minor mechanical, civil, structural and plumbing details.
- Responsible for reviewing 3rd party designs and custom equipment solutions. Produce project specific drawings and documents as needed.
- Interface directly outside 3rd parties including but not limited to utilities, Permitting Authorities, 3rd party design firms, and customers to determine technical requirements for fuel cell installation at the customer site.
- Ensure resulting construction drawings/documents meet all Building, Construction and Electrical code requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring site design conforms to specifications required for the implementation of Bloom Energy fuel cell systems.
Skills and Experience:
- BSEE with power systems focus.
- Knowledge of codes (NEC, NFPA), standards (Rule 21 and other interconnection standards) and regulations (city, state and federal).
- Ability to switch between the strategic (e.g. impact of Bloom Energy technology on customer’s long term business) and tactical (e.g. qualification of 3rd party equipment).
- Professional & collaborative – comfortable working closely with a team.
- Proactive and persistent with well-developed analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to drive complex tasks to closure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
Education and Experience:
- BSEE. PE license highly desired
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in power generation and critical load system design with experience stamping drawings/letters.
- Construction and/or Facility maintenance experience
- Experience in power generation installation
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD & ETAP
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.