Job Description Summary
Bloom Energy is seeking to add a person to fill the role of Senior Counsel Project Finance. This individual would focus primarily on project finance issues surrounding Bloom Energy’s rapidly growing operations. The position would report to the company’s EVP, General Counsel and Secretary. Bloom Energy is an entrepreneurial venture and the person must have the ability to act independently, operate proactively and have a passion and appreciation for the vision and mission of the company.
• Structure, draft and negotiate project financing transactions including debt and tax equity, and a variety of related secured and unsecured transactions.
• Manage, negotiate and execute a range of agreements relating to the company’s project development pipeline including power purchase agreements, operations and maintenance agreements, procurement & construction contracts, joint venture agreements and sale-leaseback arrangements.
• Coordinate with outside counsel to effectively and efficiently manage the company’s project pipeline and corporate responsibilities.
• Provide concise and thoughtful legal advice on project finance issues and issues relating to the broader corporate landscape.
• Assist with various tasks and projects as is necessary for the company’s overall success.
Education and Experience:
• J.D. from a top law school, and good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar.
• 15+ years’ experience with top law-firm and in-house experience preferred.
• Extensive project finance experience with a background in the clean-tech and renewable energy industry; related international experience preferred.
• Experience representing developers.
• Outstanding business acumen, decisive critical thinking skills and subtle professional confidence.
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects with shifting priorities, work independently and operate in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.