Job Description: Market Analyst
Bloom Energy is seeking to add an experienced Market Analyst to its Strategy and Analysis team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Market Strategy & Analysis, this position will be responsible for providing both customers and internal teams with insights and guidance that illustrate how Bloom Energy’s solutions provide value across market segments. They will be a key partner to the sales, structured finance, and broader marketing organization, and use rigorous research and data analysis to support a variety of commercial efforts. Bloom Energy is a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial organization, and, as is typical with growing companies, the Market Analyst’s role goes beyond a traditional function. The successful candidate must thrive in an independent and fluid environment, proactively think beyond the task at hand, and have a passion and appreciation for the vision and mission of the company.
• Lead research on market trends in gas and electricity in current and prospective markets.
• Support sales organization in generating proposals and defining Bloom’s value proposition for customers.
• Create compelling collateral and messaging to educate lay audiences on energy market fundamentals.
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to help prioritize potential new markets, segments, and customers.
• Craft and defend market forecasts for sales and business planning activities.
• Competitive research and analysis.
• Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with Bloom’s sales, project finance and business development groups.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience in retail electric markets at either a broker or supplier is a major plus.
• 2-4 years of research, data analysis, and/or consulting roles (power and natural gas industry experience highly preferred).
• Significant data analysis and data management experience, including packaging and presenting findings for clients or customers.
• Exceptional research and organizational skills, with impeccable attention to detail.
• Excellent communicator with a track record of simplifying complex topics for a wide audience.
• Strong, creative Excel capabilities.
• Self-starter who can adapt quickly to new challenges and is comfortable with ambiguity.
• Collaborative and curious, with a bias towards teamwork.
• Willingness and creativity to find new ways to contribute to the team’s success.
• Passion to be part of a team with goals to change the way the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.