Job Description: Senior Developer, Field Service
Bloom Energy, the leader in disruptive energy solutions based on its world changing fuel cell technology is looking for a Senior Developer to join its IT team. This position will have responsibility of helping to enable Bloom’s Installation and Field Service teams by leveraging the salesforce.com platform and related applications for the full lifecycle in Field Servicing from Case Management, Work Order Management, Scheduling/Dispatch Management, Asset Management, Inventory Management, Knowledge Management, Contract Management, Mobile Management, Customer Portals , as well as developing custom solutions to improve operational efficiency including integrating with Oracle ERP and other key enterprise applications.
Location: This position will be based in San Jose, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Technical owner of the following applications, in support of functional business owners: Service & Field Service Lightning.
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions, design and document requirements.
- Design solutions using Force.com API, APEX, Visual Force and other tools that extend the product, manage the execution of test plans and ensuring a quality solution is delivered.
- Understand internal business operations of Installations/Field Service in order to develop/enhance solutions that optimize business processes and facilitate decision making.
- Understands value of cloud-based solutions, serve as a technical expert, and share your unique perspectives based on a combination of industry best practices, technical knowledge, past experience, and personal research.
- Analyze, configure, develop, and support Salesforce.com applications, and other cloud applications, to meet the day-to-day needs of the business.
- Develop integration interfaces and logic and follow agile methodology for application release & test phases. Perform technical transition/handover once project(s) are completed.
- Develop and deliver training as new features/applications are rolled out.
- Balances design of new tools and capabilities with required support and overhead (SDLC management).
- At least 4-5 years of experience with the majority of the following areas: Sales/Service Cloud, Field Service, Community portal, Salesforce platform, Integrations, Workflows, Escalations, Data analysis, Data migrations/mapping/loading, Business/object modeling, User adoption/change management, User/system security, Mobile/Tablet technologies, System configurations, Software development, Code migrations/deployments, Troubleshooting, Metrics dashboards and reporting, Project management, Offshore development model.
- Experience in an external client-facing role and/or internal role interacting directly with business leaders and teams
- Experience with complex SFDC Apex and Lightning development
- Thorough understanding of SFDC governor limits and best practice guidelines.
- Completion of several Salesforce integration and extension projects in development and lead technical roles.
- Experience in designing and developing integrations from Force.com to upstream and downstream applications using Force.com API(s)
- Basic understanding of ERP systems (Oracle, SAP).
- Highly self-motivated with ability to direct your own work as well as others as needed.
- Excellent communication skills are required with the focus to support the sales team.
- Flexible and open to learning new technologies and its application to business.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries. For more information, visit www.bloomenergy.com
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.