Job title: Installation Design Construction Support Electrical Engineer – Fuel cells
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for an Installation Design Construction Support Electrical Engineer to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
The Installation Design Construction Support Electrical Engineer will support the construction phases of site development for the installation of Bloom Energy’s product. This position will interface with a larger site design team: engineers, project managers, and construction supervisors.
This position will focus on eliminating technical barriers and representing a highly technical product or service related to the power industry. The Installation Design Construction Support Electrical Engineer must have a strong understanding of a broad set of engineering and construction solutions and have the ability to manage the internal design and external customer process.
Job responsibilities include technical site analysis and conceptual design; interface with City/County/State officials and utilities; and managing customer relationships. Knowledge of construction, electrical, mechanical applications is essential. Knowledge of low and medium voltage power systems and electronic principals is essential. An understanding of civil, structural and electro-chemical applications is beneficial.
The Installation Design Construction Support Electrical Engineer must have experience working electrical distribution and power generation design. An understanding of grid independent infrastructure (e.g. diesel generators, UPS systems, transfer switches) and other relevant components, and the code requirements associated with installing these components is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Construction engineering support. This will include review of designs, submittals, and specifications for construction. Coordinating construction RFI responses.
• Design requirements with other disciplines, submittal review, and construction support services.
• Client contact, including initial interviews for project scope development and ongoing coordination during design and construction support services.
• Responsible for reviewing designs and custom equipment solutions.
• Interface directly outside 3rd parties including but not limited to utilities, Permitting Authorities, 3rd party design firms, and customers to determine technical requirements for fuel cell installation at the customer site.
• Ensure resulting construction drawings/documents meet all Building, Construction and Electrical code requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring site design conforms to specifications required for the implementation of Bloom Energy fuel cell systems.
• BS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
• Must have solid knowledge of applicable building codes and industry standards.
• Ability to take a project from beginning to end, including construction documents, bidding, and construction support services, writing specifications.
• Must be eligible to work in the US.
• Software experience such as SKM and AutoCAD.
• Self-starter and desire to learn new things.
• An entrepreneurial spirit is essential.
• Excellent, verbal & written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent client communication skills.
• Ability to obtain new clients via marketing efforts.
• Ability to work constructively with senior experienced staff with diverse backgrounds and skills.
• Ability and desire to design and implement new company protocols is essential.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple project and priorities.
• Knowledge of codes (NEC, NFPA), standards (Rule 21 and other interconnection standards) and regulations (city, state and federal).
• Ability to switch between the strategic (e.g. impact of Bloom Energy technology on customer’s long term business) and tactical (e.g. qualification of 3rd party equipment).
• Professional & collaborative – comfortable working closely with a team.
• Proactive and persistent with well-developed analytical skills.
• Detail oriented with the ability to drive complex tasks to closure.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office.
Education and Experience:
• BSEE P.E. license highly desired.
• 4+ years of relevant experience in power generation and critical load construction experience.
• Construction and/or Facility maintenance experience.
• Experience in power generation installation and construction.
About Bloom Energy
Bloom Energy's mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. To fulfill this mission, we have developed a distributed, on-site electric power solution that is redefining the electric power market and transforming how power is generated and delivered. Our Energy Server Platform is a stationary power generation platform built for the digital age and capable of delivering highly reliable, uninterrupted, 24x7 constant power that is also clean and sustainable. Among the most efficient energy generators on the planet; our platform dramatically reduces electricity costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Some of the largest companies in the world trust Bloom to provide their businesses with clean, reliable and resilient energy.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.