Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Policy Manager to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. They will serve as a primary manager for the policy and business development teams within Bloom Energy to maintain, develop, and expand policies to support the deployment of Bloom Energy Servers worldwide. As Policy Manager they will support our legislative and regulatory success by conducting policy analysis to shape Bloom’s strategy and messaging and progressing Bloom’s initiatives through the regulatory process. The right candidate will be well organized, a team player, and able to effectively manage the demands of multiple simultaneous projects. The person should be a good writer and communicator who can effectively interface with senior management, regulators, and industry organizations. The person serving in this role will report to the Senior Director of Policy. This position is based in San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the advancement of Bloom Energy’s policy and business objectives across multiple jurisdictions
• Conduct policy analysis to support Bloom’s policy and regulatory team
• Manage regulatory process, including monitoring regulatory proceedings, developing regulatory strategy, and drafting and submitting public comments
• Represent Bloom at industry associations, public events, and among external stakeholders
• Develop messaging materials, collateral, and analysis to present to senior government officials
• Research, understand, and communicate the detailed mechanics of energy policy
Required Skills and Experience:
• Able to grow and adapt as Bloom Energy grows
• 5+ years professional experience
• Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills; ability to portray complex concepts to diverse audiences
• Demonstrated understanding of the legislative and regulatory process
• Experience conducting rigorous quantitative, , and regulatory analysis
• Must be detail-oriented
• Ability to manage shifting priorities
• Self-motivated and highly organized
• Thrives in a dynamic environment
• Strong analytical, critical and creative thinker
• Collaborative and team-oriented
About Bloom Energy
Bloom Energy's mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. To fulfill this mission, we have developed a distributed, on-site electric power solution that is redefining the electric power market and transforming how power is generated and delivered. Our Energy Server Platform is a stationary power generation platform built for the digital age and capable of delivering highly reliable, uninterrupted, 24x7 constant power that is also clean and sustainable. Among the most efficient energy generators on the planet; our platform dramatically reduces electricity costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Some of the largest companies in the world trust Bloom to provide their businesses with clean, reliable and resilient energy.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.